Hunting dog found Pheasant

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Yesterday while we were walking... Mav was just a WEE BIT EXCITED! :mrgreen:

Couldn't understand why I wasn't flushing and shooting the bird.

xpmAGaFh.jpg

Guy

Honestly - that dog was so excited. :grin: It was really good to see. I only had him out two or three times for pheasant last fall. He helped my son and I take nine pheasants I think.

Obviously the pheasant scent is imprinted in his brain! Soon as he smelled that bird he switched from goofy dog taking a walk right back into focused hunting machine! I was glad to see that.

We've been doing some hunt training, but I'm pretty sure he thinks it's just play. That's fine. Hopefully it will pay off this fall as he starts his second season of hunting.

Guy

Great pic. Those birds are really getting bright this time of year, rutting season.
Looks like dog held point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for Maverick. Looks promising for you as you hunt this fall.

Congratulations to you and Maverick... Great find in the cover and great picture too.. Have you ever thought of using your photos for a calendar? I know one customer, maybe two in Upstate NY who would be happy to purchase one..

DrMike":15f89pd1 said:
Good for Maverick. Looks promising for you as you hunt this fall.

Thanks. He is Very Intense on his point. :grin:

I need to reinforce that, because it works well for me.

Guy

Rol_P":1hk6zwrg said:
Congratulations to you and Maverick... Great find in the cover and great picture too.. Have you ever thought of using your photos for a calendar? I know one customer, maybe two in Upstate NY who would be happy to purchase one..

Hmm. Thank you. I have done some "family calendars" in the past but hadn't thought about producing one for sale. I could do that.

Thanks for your endorsement. :)

Guy

We had a easy winter and should have good carry over from last fall in Iowa. Last week I saw a Rooster with several hens, good sign.

Back