Garden.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Late start this yr due to a cold spring but it's starting to come along.

Potatoes on the near side, reds and whites. You can almost see them growing daily lately. A row of onions running left to right on the other side of the potatoes that can't be seen in the pic.

Beyond that is 3 zuccinni plants on the left side then 2 different variety of cabbage, one variety for eating as is, the other for canning sauerkraut.

3rd row over from the left has a few broccoli at the near end, then peppers, then cucumbers at the far end.

Tomatoes on the far end, 2 varieties. A beefsteak style for eating, and a roma style for canning spaghetti sauce, tomato juice, etc.

Far right row is more cabbage with some broccoli mixed in.

The bare ground in the middle has a row of beets that are coming up, and a row of bush beans that I just replanted as the first batch rotted in the soil due to the cold weather earlier.

Tomato plants are doing well, the cabbage and zucchini are doing exceptional.

mjcmichigan":24cal9pj said:
Really nice selection of veggies. No onion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a row of onions on the other side of the potatoes that can't be seen in the 1st pic. They are out of view on the left side of the 2'cnd pic. 37 are up in varying heights. Not many bare spots in the row so I'm guessing we planted maybe 40-45 bulbs.

Planted a pretty good sized sweet corn patch yesterday also. Well I didn't plant it my buddy that has a planter did it, I just got the ground ready. Roughly 50 ft wide X 180 ft long.

That should be enough for everybody in my family plus a few neighbors if they want. If it does well it should produce in the neighborhood of 200 dozen.

We have a history in our family of having gardens, but for me, I’ve only had one house that we had a garden. All the others were too shady to get the garden to produce. You’ve got an excellent yard for a garden. Thanks for humoring my onion comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garden is coming along. Picking zucchini's already, cabbage and broccoli is getting some heads on it, cucumbers got a bunch of blossoms and a few small pickles. Tomatoes are just starting to blossom. Big hedge of green at the end is the potatoes growing like weeds, reds are starting to blossom, whites are a little behind.

First planting of beets came up spotty due I believe to old seeds, new planting is small but all up. Bush beans are replanted but not yet up.

Some of the healthiest looking cabbage we've grown yet. Doing very well so far.

Very attractive garden. Fresh veggies sure justifies all the work invested.

Looks wonderful! Suddenly hungry for some of grandmas fried cabbage and a beef roast...CL

Wow - much larger garden than mine. Nice.

Ours is producing zucchini like crazy right now. Finally warmed up enough for the tomatoes to start ripening. Carrots are doing great. Radishes came and went. I'm enjoying our garden this year.

Guy

Back