Very disappointed in Vx5 3-15x44

I sent my Mark 4 in for not returning to zero. They “claimed to changing out the erector assembly” I take their word for it. Zero to them must mean within a minute. I’m not happy , just learned to live with it. Better than when I sent it in. It always dialed out fine just not back to my zero. I have a VX3i on my 338 and it’s just fine.

I tell you guys. For the price/durability/optical quality and tracking SWFA is HARD to beat. Especially the 3x15x42mm. Getting it to zero stop is a buck or so in extra expenses.

FOTIS":8pr9lty2 said:
I tell you guys. For the price/durability/optical quality and tracking SWFA is HARD to beat. Especially the 3x15x42mm. Getting it to zero stop is a buck or so in extra expenses.

Make mine the 3x9 but yup, I echo what you're screaming!

When I was interviewing for an engineering job at Leupold I was told that the MK4 was the most assembly intensive scope they made (this was back in the mid 90s). I am sure that the design changed in order to reduce cost. I am sure that all those cost saving ideas have made it into all of their scopes these days. I hate seeing the quality drop and I am thankful I have had good luck with mine.

I do know that the NF guys bagged on Lupys for their lack of positive adjustment for the past 2 decades and I doubt that anything was done to improve the situation on Leupolds side.

I currently have a couple of VX 3 which I will be testing their CDs dials soon. Very curious

FOTIS":3ty4f3lc said:
I currently have a couple of VX 3 which I will be testing their CDs dials soon. Very curious

It’s usually a false sense of security in my case. They work just long enough for me to think they’re good and when they start to slip it makes me think it’s something else before I yank the scope and realize I was just getting juiced.

Gee all the love for Luepold. I can remember when it was blasphemy to say a bad word about them.
I have owned 3 and only have one left which I will never get rid of but then it's a VXIII 1.5-5 and probably one of the best ones they ever made.
Scotty got my 2.5-8X36 and I left my VX3i 2.5-10X40 wind plex go with the Hakweye M77 338 Win Mag.
I tend to favor different brands and always thought they were over priced.

Funny thing about twisting knobs which is something I haven't got into but have started using a mill dot style scope which I don't dial and dope the dots and have learned to use the side focus or objective focus type to range with.
Shooting Air rifles have taught me as much about ranging as any style gun I own along with a large wheel with tape range markings.
If you want to kill a scope put one on a spring powered air rifle. There are some made and rated for them but there is also alternative mounts that absorb the recoil and vibration that kills them.

You’d love the SS SWFA 6-10-12 on your air rifle TD. Parallax adjustment for 5 meters through infinity, dead nuts adjustments and if you can blow one up I’ll drive to MD and buy all the crab we can eat. Their MQ is second to no one in my opinion. Blows the doors off a regular MilDot, in my opinion.

SJB358":t52lteen said:
You’d love the SS SWFA 6-10-12 on your air rifle TD. Parallax adjustment for 5 meters through infinity, dead nuts adjustments and if you can blow one up I’ll drive to MD and buy all the crab we can eat. Their MQ is second to no one in my opinion. Blows the doors off a regular MilDot, in my opinion.
There are quite a few air gun competitors who use the SS SWFA 10-12 and 16 for field target matches which will challenge any long range hunter.
I just need to justify the cost but would love to have one on my Diana 54 .177.

Keep an eye open around major holidays. They can be had for around 220 dollars or so.

Back