Bushnell Tactical?.

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
I do the vast majority of my shooting at only 100 yards because that is about all the room I have for my backyard range so I like reading about the folks shooting the long distances.
Most of my scopes are Leupold and Burris which seem to work fine as I’m not turning dials in the field. I recently purchased a used Bushnell Elite and some Hawke scopes but haven’t used them enough to form much of an opinion.
Just asking out of curiosity.
I have noticed the Bushnell Tactical scope and wonder if any of the long range shooters are using these with any success?
The reason I ask is there seems to be a steady stream of used ones for sale on eBay, but they demand a pretty good price for them. Is there an issue with them or are people just upgrading to something better? Is there any scope out there that is up to the demands of dialing for distance in the $500 range?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been shooting with a couple of guys that are using athlon scopes . I'm not sure of the model , or power range . I do know these are the cheaper ones , I think he said around $500 . I have not looked through one , so I have no opinion on glass quality . seem to track well , he never complains about the scope . I do know it's a front focal plane . it's mounted on a savage in 338 lapua . we usually shoot about 50 per weekend , so it's a bunch of dialing on a hard kicker with a brake . seems to be holding up ok . you might want to take a look at these . his rifle is the savage chassis rifle .

P8220924.JPG

I didn't mention above , and want to add , I'm not a fan of front focal scopes . the more I shoot with the guys using them , the happier I am with my second focal scope . both have shortcomings but I see more with the front focal scopes .

The Bushnell LRHS and LRTSi’s are really nice optics. We run a couple of them and the glass is excellent along with the adjustments being spot on.

Those upper end models are right with the NXS when I look for optics that I wanna shoot longer with. All comes down to what Ike looking for at the time.

athlon argos 6 - 24 on a 300PRC Ruger , athlon midas 6-24 on a 338 lapua savage . these are probably worth a look for what you're wanting to do . I can attest to these being used out to 2375 yards .

P8300940.JPG

P8300939.JPG

Back