Scopes for 45/70 govt?

So the final Chapter. I sent the Nikon in for service.

I got a very nice note saying it’s Broke and here’s a credit for what you paided for it 10 years ago. The credit is only good on our web site.

No scopes. Their Binoculars, basically entry models or $1000 models. I settled on a set of prostaff binoculars, less than the credit, but they charged me shipping anyways.

They tried.

The Vortex Viper HS is working great.
Took a buck on opening day...
8007b535a6c8e82343dc66247501b36f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your opening day buck. Looks like the Vortex is getting it done. Sounds like Nikon isn't doing you any favors.

JD338

Congrats on your deer such a nice time of year to be on here with all the successful hunts coming in daily. Glad you got your scope figured out and your new Vortex is doing well.

Glad the Vortex is working for you...and sorry Nikon didn't come through a little better. CL

mjcmichigan":3ac2elaz said:
So the final Chapter. I sent the Nikon in for service.

I got a very nice note saying it’s Broke and here’s a credit for what you paided for it 10 years ago. The credit is only good on our web site.

No scopes. Their Binoculars, basically entry models or $1000 models. I settled on a set of prostaff binoculars, less than the credit, but they charged me shipping anyways.

They tried.

The Vortex Viper HS is working great.
Took a buck on opening day...
8007b535a6c8e82343dc66247501b36f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure sorry to hear that Nikon dropped the ball. I don't believe you'll face that situation with Vortex. Still, good to hear that you were able to pick up a pair of binos.

I have a Ruger 1 45/70 I use the Trijicon Accupoint 3x9 Green Triangle. It is a great scope especially in heavily wooded areas as it lights up well and with no cross hairs it seems to let the light in for dark woods shooting. With the scope you can hunt up to last second of shooting time where other scopes you can no longer make out your reticle.
This is a quick target closer range scope never tried long distance shooting with it of course it's on a 45/70 for brush hunting.

Back