Handloading forum on facebook

bdbrown and mark

thank you. We probably do occasionally discuss things here that is not regularly discussed South of us (-:

We were discussing today and hoping that 2021 allows us to participate in another Bowhead hunt. Great community hunt and 2020 did not allow us to participate --hopefully this year.

diverdown":29brl0nb said:
This past week I spent a short period of time on facebook and had the opportunity to listen to and comment on one of the Handloader website questions. The question was "Is it safe to tumble loaded ammunition" Having spoken with a Hogdon Tech in regards to this very question I related that "no, it may change the makeup of the powder and also there is the possibility of a pointed bullet striking the primer of another round. I subsequently received a page full of sarcastic comments one being" I was full of sh--" I answered a couple of commenters and then quickly left the site. Anyone else experience this with this site? It seems that if you are not in with the group commenting on this site you are quite the outcast so to speak.

Just hang here. I dumped Facebook ( or what I like to call it Assface) awhile ago. That very conversation was posted on 24 hr Campfire some time ago and the general consensus was the same as you have surmised. The striking of primers would be the least of my worries and can’t imagine what that would do to the powder. Any cases that are loaded that need to be cleaned get a little OOO steel wool at most.

I encounter this all the time, especially if I comment on forums where I'm a newbie like here, or where I'm not a member of a group. Most often I see accounts in Instagram selling all sorts of crap. People who save money for a rainy day can't buy something expensive, but instagram account constantly imposes, although it's cheaper around the corner in the store. Sometimes I bump into Instagram accounts that seem to have ordered https://famoid.com/buy-instagram-followers/ package. But people comment and leave different opinions. Decent. But many delete the comments of those who signed up or "off topic" preventing potential buyers from buying something. The owners don't like such comments because the demand for their ads drops

Last edited:
If anyone on FB wants to participate in a good one, Filmjunkie started this one a couple of years ago. I help him ride herd on it, and the flavor is similar to this terrific Nosler forum.

Guy

I have zero social media accounts and have not posted a picture, video or any other personal information since the Cabala's fiasco which nearly cost me my job, not to mention finding pictures of my face photoshopped onto disgusting photographs. I thought Nosler had discontinued this forum for awhile as I was unable to log on and my fighting for the hunters in B.C. in 2018 ( when they banned Grizzly hunting, which was and is a terrible idea ) ) also garnered me a few enemies . ZERO social media for me and post on only three hunting forums. We had a couple of "nasty's" on this forum, but I think Jim and/or Fotis eliminated them.
So good to see you posting and hope you and your family are well.
The wife picked up Omicron and passed it on to me several weeks ago and we are still battling the side effects and trying to recover fully, it really knocks the snot out of you.

"Just hang here. I dumped Facebook ( or what I like to call it Assface) awhile ago."

I participate in the Ruger #1, .35 Whelen l others dedicate to reloading. I've never been a moderator on any of those sites though. However I have had a few of the malcontents, poop disturbers if you prefer, permanently banned from some of those sites. I've also been placed in fecebook jail a few times. Got a nstygram from them on a post I made and removed so that only I could see. I knew the fact checker AKA Gestapo agent was wrong and protested. Surprise, they issued aa statement that I was right and the checker didn't dig deeply enough. They reinstated my comment but never issued an apology.

I read something this morning where facebook is planning to charge member. Seems like there's three levels and it's something ;like $3.00. $6.00 and $9.00 a month depending on what level you sign on. When that starts I'm out. Too bad because it's the only way I can keep track of relatives. Two grandsons in Alaska, seven in Utah, one in Nevada and six in Texas. I hate to do it in a way but if they strat charging. I'm gone like the wind.
Paul B.

I guess it hadn't caught my attention, but has The Handholding Center FB group been shut down? I was a member, but now it seems to be gone.

If you're seeking a more positive and constructive community to discuss handloading and ammunition, I would recommend exploring dedicated forums or websites that specialize in reloading and shooting. These platforms often foster a sense of camaraderie and provide a supportive environment for discussions. Also, if you're interested in expanding your reach and sharing your handloading expertise, you could consider exploring platforms like TikTok. You can buy real TikTok views to boost your visibility and engage with a broader audience that appreciates your insights.

Last edited:
Of course, there are and always will be incompetent people on Facebook and social medias thinking they know it all. Currently Nosler is the only site I lurk on to ask and answer to with helpful information from real nice folks. I have used other sites, but I frequent Nosler the most. I have seen idiotic and dumb responses on Facebook reloading groups and other groups relating to smoking meats, sausage making, grilling, etc. I removed myself from most of those groups.

I just came across your post from 2021 about your experience in that Handloading forum on Facebook. Man, I totally get how frustrating it can be when you share something factual, and people just reply with sarcasm or outright rudeness. The internet can be a fickle place, especially in specialized groups like that.

If you're still interested in engaging with communities but want to avoid the toxicity, you could check out Discord. It tends to be more moderated and offers various topic-specific channels. There are even Discord accounts packs for sale, which might give you more flexibility for using different accounts for different interests.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only...
These bullies are just cowards hiding behind their keyboards and nothing more than armchair warriors.

JD338

Back