All new members enter here.

A good .22 rifle and pistol will help you get started.

After careers in the Marines and in Law Enforcement, as well as a lifetime of hunting, I still shoot the little 22 more often than any of my center-fire rifles or handguns. For a while there in the Marines and on SWAT, I was shooting taxpayer ammo, so I probably shot more 223, 308 and 45 ammo than anything else. I wasn't paying for it. :)

A good 22 rifle and a good 22 handgun are excellent training tools. I'm not sure that rapid fire can be accomplished with an air gun? Maybe? I don't know. Air guns can be superbly accurate. Our local club runs a strong air-rifle program.

When it comes time for a centerfire rifle - get something that makes sense. A lot of us here on the forum have some unusual, really cool rifles. But most of us have a good old 308 or 30-06 in the closet that we used an awful lot at one point... A do-it-all rifle.

Regards, Guy

Ding ding.
Another old guy who has been looking around a while.
Seems like the halls are quiet.
People must be outside enjoying the weather.
Seems like a good trove of information.
I'll
Just keep digging around and add to what I can...

Hello to everyone. My name is Tom Black an I live in western Kentucky. I’ve been lurking here for sometime and with the help of FOTIS I’m finally able to log in. I’m recently retired after working 43 years in the OR. I love flintlocks, good handguns and pre ‘64 Winchester’s. I’m very old school when it comes to hunting and camping. Don’t know that I can add much to this forum but it’s good to be here.
Respectfully,
Tom Black

85FCBFAB-8ADA-4F4F-8CB9-2507C2D41CB2.jpeg

K-Pa":ythwvrrq said:
Ding ding.
Another old guy who has been looking around a while.
Seems like the halls are quiet.
People must be outside enjoying the weather.
Seems like a good trove of information.
I'll
Just keep digging around and add to what I can...
Lol. Yes, we go outside, play, come in, eat a snack and take a nap… or the notifications stop working!

Not retired yet, but thi mg about it. Belated late welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Black":tqqxe0vl said:
Hello to everyone. My name is Tom Black an I live in western Kentucky. I’ve been lurking here for sometime and with the help of FOTIS I’m finally able to log in. I’m recently retired after working 43 years in the OR. I love flintlocks, good handguns and pre ‘64 Winchester’s. I’m very old school when it comes to hunting and camping. Don’t know that I can add much to this forum but it’s good to be here.
Respectfully,
Tom Black
Tom, you live in some beautiful country!

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard, Tom. Good to see you joining in the fun. I believe you'll enjoy the crew that hangs out here.

Welcome! I’m on several forums, and this is the best one I’ve ever been a part of. All the folks here will do everything they can to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back