Boar and Roe Buck with the 6.5x68

EOD Diver

Handloader
Dec 30, 2011
Gents,
Got lucky and connected with a boar and a roe buck the other day and thought I might post’em up. I hit the boar broadside through the lungs and despite spewing pink froth everywhere, he made it about 50 yards into the thickest briar patch he could find on the mountainside. The buck was almost a straight on shot that center punched him hard and exited out behind the shoulder. He dropped so hard that I thought I had missed when I recovered from the recoil.
Looking forward to seeing all of your pics as fall approaches.
V/R,
Joe

After an attempt to edit the photos, I’m afraid that I couldn’t get them under 3 MiB.

As I've said in the past, that is a skookum round that seems to call my name. If I wasn't winding down my shooting, I would no doubt have a build. Glad to see the report of the performance on some game. Now, to get the rifle home and let it loose on some elk, or moose, or ?????

Joe, congrats on the Boar and buck buddy!

I just found out one of my old teamates is stationed in Germany as well and got bitten pretty hard by the hunting bug. He went through the whole process in Germany and acquired his first rifle which was a Blaser 308. His wife and him have been stacking up some neat game. Next he sent me pictures of a Heym 7x57 that he acquired. He's a little older than me at 43, so I was sorta surprised by him getting into hunting so heavily, and being in Germany as well when he did it, but man, talk about making me smile. It is great to chat with him about hunting and the way you all are doing it over there.

Anyhow, long way around the COC to say congrats on the animals and can't wait for more pictures. Scotty

Congrats!
Which bullet did you choose?
Btw: get used to pulling boars out of the densest stuff if they run.

Ah - and no pics, never happened ;-)

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Back