Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:56 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gun Club
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:41 pm 

After 20+ years of being a member, and the last 5 years being on the club board, I now find myself president of our local gun club.

I'm humbled with the trust the members have put in me. We've got 1200+ members, and a large club with a couple of different rifle ranges, one out to 600 yards, several pistol ranges, a trap range, an archery range and an indoor air-rifle range.

The club has existed for a bit over 70 years.

We're just finishing up a $55k project, building an entire new training range, mostly for the local law enforcement agencies, as well as some other work. It was amazing to see two big Cat "bulldozers" along with an excavator, a front end loader and a couple of dump trucks working for the past two weeks at our club. Lots of dirt getting moved - and the results are impressive. We raised the height of some berms, leveled some ground, all with the dirt being removed from a hillside to make the new law enforcement training range.

Last year we also dumped $30k into our nearly 70 year old building - bringing the wiring up to code for the first time EVER, insulating the place better, renovating the two restrooms, lots of dry wall & painting, and we modernized our 10 meter indoor air rifle range as well.

So much going on. I hope to do a good job steering the club towards the future and improving it for the members and the community.

Am a bit overwhelmed by everything at this point. Hoping that will change.

Guy

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Gun Club
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:43 pm 

Congratulations Guy,
I am sure you will do a great job steering the ship! And you'll have your head and hands wrapped around it before you know.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:23 pm 

Guy, you’ve got your hands full, but the club is in good hands. I’m filling in for a little over a year on the board of our local club. Around the same amount of members, ranges, etc... One thing I’ve figured out is it takes a lot of time to do it right. I still have too much going on with work to really devote anymore time, but I would definitely love to get more involved when I retire.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:05 am 

Well done guy. I’m impressed with the law enforcement support at your club. Carry on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:50 am 

Congratulations, Guy. Great to know that the members had confidence in you and chose you for this position. I served as VP for three years and Pres for four years in our local club. It was demanding, but very rewarding. I'm certain you will find some rich rewards in serving in this capacity.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:11 am 

That's great guy, it all sounds wonderful, congratulations.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:50 pm 

Congrats Guy- Thank you for stepping up to a leadership role. Your experience and good sense will serve them well. I did 3 terms (6 years) as secretary for our club. Was truly glad that I could help out, but for me, as some one told me "best days in any elected office are the day you are elected, and the day they elect your replacement" :lol: You will do well and continue to be a great asset for your club. CL

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4