165gr partition and my moose

1894, that is quite a journey to hunt Moose but being with your Buddies as they say is priceless :wink:!!
Thank you so much for the post (y).

Blessings,
Dan

1894":2d68izl2 said:
Based in the UK and hunt each year in Sweden with my buddies.

I notice in previous posts that you had a suppressor on your rifle. Are all your rifles suppressed? It is a most sensible concept that is sorely required here in North America.

Great hunt! have you ever considered using a heavier bullet, say a 220 or a 200 Partition? I have some Woodleigh 240gr I worked up a load for...I bet they would "thump" a moose! Gotta love a 30-06! Good job!

1894":bl91n5yy said:
Based in the UK and hunt each year in Sweden with my buddies.

Excellent, all of the Scandinavian countries look to be interesting places to go and hunt. You have obviously done well over the years.

I notice in previous posts that you had a suppressor on your rifle. Are all your rifles suppressed?

I started using a suppressor in 2006 when despite using in ear electronic protection I was getting tinnitus after every successful hunt. I quickly got used to the reduced blast, muzzle flip and recoil and over time have come to view a suppressor as near essential. I particularly like the additional weight near the muzzle.

I've gradually chopped and threaded most of my rifles. I have a couple of classics I never will which I like to use for spot and stalk especially on cold days when I don't mind wearing ear muffs.

On a hunt like this when I don't want to be fiddling with muffs or passing up shots I'll always use a moderator if I can

have you ever considered using a heavier bullet, say a 220 or a 200 Partition?

I do have a 200gr Norma Oryx load that shoots to the same zero but it's running out of velocity passed 175yards. The ground and game are very different to what I am used to so range estimation is an issue. With the 165gr Partition range is much less of an issue for me

Back