300 H&H magnum brass

Lone Star Phil

Beginner
Jan 18, 2007
Hi! This is my first visit to this site and I apologize if I'm asking stale questionsbut,

Does Nosler or any other brass manufacturer plan on producing any brass for the 300 Holland & Holland?

If so, when and how do I get some?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome! It looks like we will be making your 300 H&H brass. We expect ship times to be some time around April.

JusMo:

Great! That's the best news I've heard in a week!

I assume by "we" you mean Nosler, right?

The first bullet I plan on pushing is a 125-grain Nosler BT. Who's got a recipe for that pill?

Lone Star Phil

That was nosler.

Also, if you can't wait? You can dig on the internet. Winchester produces 300H&H but it is seasonal and when stocks are gone they are hard to find. I have had a heck of a time finding it but this is the right time of the year. Have you checked www.midwayusa.com ?

Moreloader:

Here's the skinny:

1. Winchester used to make brass for this fine classic and my local Sportsmans Warehouse has a bin for them. Of course its empty. I called Winchester Ammunition and they have dropped that cartridge and the brass from their manufacturing plans. No mas. Nada. Period. A 50-piece bag of new Winchester brass went for $76.03 this last week on ebay. Retail price six a year ago was $17.99. Madness.

2. Norma is not making any and does not have any plans to make it.

3. Remington, like Winchester, used to make seasonal runs but no more. I talked to the Remington folks at their Lonoke, AR ammunition plant and they have dropped the product as well, although their market channel elements still believe that Remington is still making it but in seasonal batches. I went straight to the horse's mouth and this horse isn't making it!

I've tried searching for stocks in the distribution channels of these manufacturers and can't find any.

Of course, everyone I talk to suggests that I neck down some 375 H&H and that's certainly Plan B but darn it, this is America, isn't it?

Phil

Sorry to hear that.

Especially since I only have 50 pieces for my grandfather's rifle. Guess we will be waiting on nosler together. It is a shame that a cartrige that is the parent of the modern magnums is now out of production. Especially when it is so efficient with today's slow poders.

I've had a heckuva time trying to find WW .38-55, .375 Win, .375 H&H.
I just heard about them dropping the .300 H&H, and a good thing, too, as I was getting ready to fireform the 200+ pieces of WW I had on hand to .300 Weatherby! Think I'll tuck what I have away and keep my eye open for another rifle!

Back