338 Alaskans new McMillan

I've been looking at a McMillan stock for my model 70.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Forgot to say, that's a great looking stock and you do good work.
Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

FOTIS":2cv0ci1k said:
Was it free floated to begin with?

It was not actually floated in the wood stock. It was full length bedded and screwed in the boss.

After I put it in the other McMillan, I left it floated and it shot very well, so I decided to float this one.

I do like the stock a bunch. I put a bunch of rounds through it yesterday and it seems to be good. Need to tune the zero up a little, but it should be ready to hunt pretty quick.

HOGWILD338-378":1rwoja9w said:
Great shooting Scotty and great work on the stock work as it does look mighty fine! I was just curious what is its barrel length ? In the first picture it looks like it's a 32 " barrel and what I guess it is maybe the stock is a tad shorter than factory stock? That is a pretty stock and worth the wait for sure!

Oh, it is a 25" barrel Terry. It is by far my best handling rifle. I don't really "like" longer barrels, but in this case, I wouldn't change a darned thing.

Great shooting Scotty, that will work just great, for whatever you choose to hunt. !!!!!!!

Scotty,
Now your ready for Oregon Elk season! That's pretty close to the ideal elk rifle; at least in my book.
Scott

That stock should allow you to smack an elk as far as you wish to hit him, Scotty? Looking good at 250!

Scotty nice rifle from mice to moose, excelente rig, three weeks ago one of my clients who Imade a .338Mag, shot a very nice Caribou, sheep and Grizzly with one of those, I made some handloads using Nosler E tip 200gr and a dose of Imr4350, the custom rifle grouped excellent.
Would finsih nice with a coat of Cerakote in all metal parts. Nice rig, all looks good your bedding, give it a good clean up and make some handloads with Nosler E tips or Barnes bullets, should perform excelent.
Sorry I cannot publish pics fer client order.

by the way with this excellent bullets todas, Im sold with Barnes and Nosler E tips you dont need those 250gr for North America hunting,
my client
Caribou 1 shot 200yds
Grizzly 1 shot and 1 finisher 120yds
Sheep 1 shot- not very well placed and a 2 shot running at 500yds
all with Nosler E tip 200gr

Thank you CZ. I agree, the 338 Win Mag is a great one for sure. I've become a real big fan.

Looks great Scotty, fine work on the bedding and shooting!
It's ready for Elk.....
Best,

Back