350 Rem Mag 225 AB

WPH

Beginner
Sep 4, 2006
I can load my 350 Rem Mag to a maximum cartridge overall length of 2.900 inches. Is this bullet suitable to the loads in the newest manual and not be a highly compressed load (over 103%), in my set up.

You should be fine. I assume you have a ruger?

Yes I have a Ruger. I want to load 225 grain bullets and was looking for something quality other than partitions. Nobody makes a 225 grain flat base spitzer other than the Nosler Partition. I thought about Sierra's but I hear bad things about core separation with their boattails.

WPH":1ukhtblb said:
Yes I have a Ruger. I want to load 225 grain bullets and was looking for something quality other than partitions. Nobody makes a 225 grain flat base spitzer other than the Nosler Partition. I thought about Sierra's but I hear bad things about core separation with their boattails.
............................According to the M****y, "competitor," 225 grainers are available in the Barnes TSX flat base, Swift A-Frame semi spitzers, Speer Bonded Bear Claws.

They also show 225 gr. Nosler A/B spitzer BT`s!

I have used the 200 Barnes x tsx with good accuracy. You can smoke them out of the 350 rem mag....if you trust the expansion issues that some guys are having...not all just some.

The 225 sierra? I shot an antelope with one out of a 358 BLR at 75 yards and oh my God!!! It did so much damage I would not trust it on bigger game.

Back