Bell & Carson Alaskan II

billbam

Beginner
Dec 12, 2010
Finally got to the range and got a chance to shoot the 700 BDL with the Alaskan II stock that I picked up for it. I only brought a box of reloads that I knew I had shot before that was pretty good. I just wanted to check that there were no issues with the stock and see how it shot. I used RL22 with 180 Sierra's. I like the stock and am pretty happy with how it feels. Now I have to wait for 2012 for the next elk hunt.

Attachments

• DSCN0221 [800x600].jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,218
The stock looks great and she shoot too. Nicely done.

JD338

Nice! What chambering is that in?

I saw those Alaskan stocks on Stocky's recently and thought a lot about a dream rifle I've got in my head. Maybe next year...

In the meantime, nice rifle, and nice shooting!

Wow I like that stock. I am looking for a new one for my 338 so that could be a good One. Can you give some details on bedding (bedding block or pillars) and things like that Scotty.

Thanks. Its a 300 WM. I was looking for a while and then ordered one from Stocky's. It took a bit, but it was worth it. It has the aluminum block in it and I wasn't sure if i was going to have to bed it. I thought i would shoot it first and see. I had just sanded the pressure pads out and a little in the channel to free float the barrel . They have the other one which is just pillar bedded and a couple of ounces lighter but i thought with the 24" barrel the block was better. The fit was pretty good.
Now that it shoots, i'm going to try some new loads.

My browning 270WSM has the same stock and I love it. I also got one for my M70 Classic 264 win and it seems to be a little short for a full grip with my shooting hand. I don't know why it would be different, the one on my browning fits fine. I love that tan web color also, my WSM came with the green web but I ordered the tan for the M70. Blends in great in our prairie grass.

I'm running the original Alaskan Ti stock on my .25-06.. though I wish I'd have gone with the bedding block... I'm sure it stiffens the stock quite a bit.

Here it is on the Stainless 700 (Talley's and Leupold Mark AR):
markar1.jpg

Back