Easy hunting meals???

Hate to say it but nothing wrong with hamburger helper. Keep some thawed packages of burger in the fridge. Easy to cook up and add the mix and water and simmer. There you go. Chili is always good too!

hodgeman":2v5kwuug said:
My most favorite camp meal of all time...

Fresh tenderloin, cut into medallions, sautéed to a perfect medium rare with peppers and onions. Served sizzling under the hiss of a Coleman lantern with the beverage of your choice.

where are you setting up camp tonight, I will be there (-; I am under 21, so can not have a scotch, but if Fotis and April show up, you might want to have a bottle handy (-;

BTW Hodgeman, I like this idea better than your peanut butter, honey and bacon idea (-;

Fotis, I case not think of anything in addition to what has been posted, but I would like to wish you the best of luck on your elk hunt

Brooke

My favorite camp meal. Cooked over the fire when you have some nice coals ready to go.

Get these ready at home and just stick them in the fridge or cooler:

1. Two sheets of tin foil laid out flat on the counter, one on top of the other. Double up for strength. It really sucks to have the sucker get cooked completely and it splits open on you when you try to check it or get it to a plate and it dumps your food on the ground. I just picked my meal up out of the grass and started eating. Funny what a hungry stomach will do!! Spray the foil with Pam or other similar non-stick spray. Put two pats of butter on the foil also.

2. Make 2 meatballs out of burger and 2 out of sausage of some type. If you don't have some good game sausage, some store bought stuff will work. Form into balls an inch to say 1 1/4" roughly. Just shoot for a nice medium size. Put those on the foil.

3. Put baby carrots, celery (if you like it), onions, mushrooms, red & green pepper slices, and potatoes cut into medium bite size chunks on the foil. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper, or other seasonings work just as well.

4. Fold up nicely and place on a grate that is sitting above your coals on the fire. Cook for 20 minutes one side, turn and cook 20 on the other. DONE!

5. Take off put it on a plate open it up and eat! It is wonderful stuff and really filling and nutritious. What's great is there are no dishes except for the fork and one plate to put them on. These are all ready to go. They will keep for several days and if you try these and don't think you would like to eat them two days or more in a row, then I'd be saying you are a bit off center of plumb!

Μουσακά! If Irene makes it Θεσσαλονίκη-style, a chunk of it will hold you through the night.

George

Boy I sure wish I had drawn a tag so I could have went hunting with you. I haven't had good mousska in quite a while.

Oh and what is this m.r.e. stuff the youngsters are talking about eating the only thing I got was C-rations absolutely hated Lima beans and Ham but there were times I was grateful to have it.

Good luck on your hunt Buddy.

Back