Factory Ammo.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
What are you guys seeing in your area? I was in a LGS today and was honestly surprised at the amount of ammo. Either fully stocked or very close to it, and priced very well considering. Federal blue box, Remington Core Lokt and Winchester ammo in common cartridges like 30-30, 243, 7mm-08, 308, 270, 30-06 was $28-$29 a box.

Had plenty of the harder to get stuff like 250 Savage, 45-70, lots of magnum cartridges, and even a fairly wide variety of Weatherby magnum cartridges, all of that of course more expensive especially the Weatherby, but still, about anything you might want ammo for. Don't know if it means a thing long term, but short term lots of options here locally.

I've been seeing the same stuff you mentioned at the LGS's and Walmart in my town. I might add that Walmart had 45-70 ammo for $49.99. They also had (for a few days) a single box of 360 Buckhammer for $26.95.

Ron

Shade- Who was loading for the 250? Hoenady? Remington? - May have to keep an eye out out locally. CL

It explains why you can't find large rifle primers anywhere these days.
They had WLR primers. $75 a brick. Been quite a while since I seen LR show up, SR and pistol primers have been available for some time now, but no new LR coming in. So that was a welcome sight also.

Of course with the world seemingly on fire right now, it could be an anomaly and when they're gone that's it again for a while, or it could be a continuing trend of better supplies, who knows?

Shade- Who was loading for the 250? Hoenady? Remington? - May have to keep an eye out out locally. CL

I know for sure Remington was available in 250 savage. 100 gr if I'm remembering correctly. Don't remember if there were others or not. Shoulda took a picture I guess. For not a large shop, they had a lot of ammo, and that was just what was on the shelves.

Back