Filson quality is gone.....

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
My gosh didn't realize that the once great Seattle company is now having their best
Wool coats , made In Vietnam!!!! So for $700
you will recieve a jacket made overseas that is NOT the quality your expecting. Horrible to see what is happening in this country.
Don't buy one, you will be disappointed.Screenshot_20240303_092158_Chrome.jpg

I have one that is around 30 years old, used to be my go to for,early King Salmon fishing on Kodiak, in early spring. Old timers all said get a " double mackinaw" you will never regret it. That WAS true. However this is a very different coat at an astronomical price for folks that are all about the label......
Darn shame.
E

Vietnam is the place that killed most US outdoor gear makers. More than China. I can’t compete with Sewists who make $65 a (72 hour) week

Also Woolrich. I have worn out several of their Alaskan shirts in may life. Not make anymore. They make fashion clothes from Italy.

Last edited:
Had a pair of tin pants I bought back in the 70s last for 30 years pheasant hunting. Bought a new pair 8 or 9years ago when I was guiding upland hunts. Threw them away at the end of the season, went with Carharts after that. I still have a Mackinaw that I bought in 1975. Still serviceable.

Filson’s first order of business when the company sold was to hike prices across the board. What a shame to see the icon do this.
V/R,
Joe

Back