Happiness is Jugs

Firebird

Handloader
Jun 22, 2013
The weather has been perfect for shooting so I’ve taken some of the jugs refilled with water to the public range where I can shoot them.
Finished load work up on a cheap .30-06 and enjoyed some practice with the .375 and 7mm-08. These from 400 yards, you can see the entrance hole through the exit hole. Nothing quite like the sound of a bullet hitting a jug full of water!IMG_9218.jpegIMG_9198.jpeg

Years ago- when I was still coming to terms with hunting with a 12ga slug, I hit upon the idea of hanging a Bleach jug full of water on a bungee cord up against the plywood target backer at my local range. First time I hit one of them with a 12ga slug at 100 yards, I was hooked! D@mn motivating!

A five gallon steel can full of water, hit with a 270 was part of the "educational materials" when I took firearms safety. Followed by an admonition that if you werent careful, you could destroy some one like that mangled piece of steel. Wrapped the middle of that can into a perfect cylinder that held up the top and bottom of the can apart. Made an impression on this 16 year old.... CL

Back