Luck of the Draw!

CMBTshooter

Handloader
Jun 8, 2011
A few months ago I ordered a field grade HRA M1 Garand from CMP. I didn't hear anything for two and a half months so I gave them a call. The customer service rep notified me that they no longer had field grade HRAs, but was able to offer me a Springfield instead. Awesome! That's what I wanted anyways.

I waited another couple of weeks without hearing anything, and I finally got my shipping notification yesterday. I stayed home from work to sign for it and when I cracked it open, there was my brand new six digit serial numbered M1! Serial number 990XXX, made in November, 1942. The throat and muzzle both gauged at 2.

I'm pretty darn excited! I'll post up some pictures once I get it cleaned up!

Very cool! I have two SA M1's....one is a Greek return "racker" that I bought from Camp Perry (went there in person to pick it out), and the other is a late run that is "Correct" and probably would measure a 1 on both ends.

They are fun guns to shoot, for sure. Now I need to dig out some of that HXP ammo I've had for a while and turn it into empty brass with my M1's. :)

And we need pics! :D

I'm having a little bit of trouble getting the other pictures. But here it is with it's grandson. Two fantastic battle rifles.

Attachments

• M1 & AR15.jpg
    M1 & AR15.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,030
Finally got them off the phone.

Attachments

• M1 left side.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,028
  • M1 Receiver Top.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,028
  • M1 right side.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,028
Photos are blurry and really tough to tell much about the rifle. Kinda looks like a post war HRA stock and post war DRC sight.

Back