Model 700 Remington

Well, I have decided on a rifle to buy.

I did a little more research and have decided on a Tikka Lite Stainless/Synthetic 30-06. It has several features that I like. 70 degree bolt throw, 1 MOA out of the box, lighter weight (am not getting any younger at age 56) :shock: , smooth action, and an adjustable trigger to name a few.

I also read several posts here. Nothing but good report and reviews.

Thank you again to all for the help and Merry Christmas to you and your families!

Take care,

Paul

I did a little more research and have decided on a Tikka Lite Stainless/Synthetic 30-06. It has several features that I like. 70 degree bolt throw, 1 MOA out of the box, lighter weight.

Excellent choice. You will be pleased with that rifle.

huntnfool I think you made a very good choice! The Tikka is a fine rifle built buy a great company, Sako. I have a friend with a stainless synthetic in .325 WSM and he loves that rifle. It was really easy for me to work up a load for him with both 200 gr. Partitions and Accubonds. Even as light as it is, I didn't feel that the recoil was excessive. You just CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THE 30-06 EITHER! Let us know how it works. 8)

huntnfool - congrats on your new rifle, and I hope it works out well for you. I've yet to hear of an inaccurate Tikka.

Rifles sometimes need work. I've had problems of one sort or another with several varieties; including Marlin, Winchester, Ruger, and Remington. That's why there are tools & gunsmiths.

Over the years I've likely done more shooting & hunting with the Remington 700 than the others, and with less trouble.

Regards, Guy

Back