Moving up to......... a new reloading bench!

muleman

Handloader
May 12, 2009
I just unpacked everything into the bench I built last week. I haven't even loaded one round on this one yet. It's a huge change from the closet I had in the old house. The bench frame is constructed of 2x6s and 4x4s screwed and bolted(in case I have to move it!) The top is a composite of 2x6 T&G and 3/4" Maple plywood with a Cherry trim edge finished with five coats of a polyurethane that is used on basketball floors(Thanks Scotty). It's 3' by 12' with "T" track in one end. The "T" track allows all my different tools to be mounted to the bench with out permanently dedicating a space for them, having to use "C" clamps or drill a bunch of unsightly holes. The bench has three bays; the ones on either end are sized to hold two rolling tool cabinets each and the center bay has a shelf for loaded ammo and bullets. It's really solid. I wired three outlets on the front and added a power strip to the back edge. The bench is really tall so cabinets can be rolled underneath and I don't have to stoop - it kills my back. Working at kitchen height counters if your over 6' is hard. I got a lot of ideas from seeing other benches on this forum and adapted them for the way I like to load. I also have two work tables at chair height to use as a desk and workspace. I also left room for the progressive press I want to add for 5.56 and pistol rounds.
Scott

Wow!!!!!
Pretty slick setup and well thought out. I really like all the natural light and windows

Very nice. I love the T-tracks on my bench. They are very handy. Even mount my presses on them as well. I am very jealous of all of the space you have.

Very, very nice. Much nicer than my set up. Now those "T" tracks really get my attention. I have used T slots very much in the past. Only those were on cutting machine tool beds. I would have never thought about incorporating them into a wooden bench top. In fact I never knew you could even buy the tracks for such a purpose.
A clean, organized work area is a very pleasant place to work. Wish mine like that.

The new bench sure looks rock solid. I like what you did there. The extra natural light from the windows is really nice.

Muleman,
Now that is a very serious set up my friend!! Way to COOL! :mrgreen:

Don

FOTIS":14eninp3 said:
I would say so also. But just one question, How long will it stay that way? :grin:
Mine looked nice and neat once upon a time. Flat ran out of room :lol:

Thanks guys! It's a whole new world. I loaded up 7-08, 7x57 and 308 today. Heading to the range on Wed. to proof some loads for the kid's hunting rifles. The new bench is much faster to work on.
Happy Labor Day!
Scott

A great setup that shows a lot of planning and forethought. It would be a joy for anyone to work in that space. You've done well, Scott. Congratulations.

Scott, this a well thought out Man Cave :wink: good job!! It would be a pleasure to play in there!!!

Blessings,
Dan

Back