Optics for 260 Remington

Wis65x55

Handloader
Jul 31, 2011
I am looking to replace the Nikon Monarch scope that I presently have mounted on a Model 7 260 Remington. Shooting distance will be a maximum of 200 yards. I am less than satisfied with the optics presently on the rifle. This rig will be used mostly for hunting/target shooting by my girl-friend. What are my top value choices?
Keith

I topped my grandson's .260 with a VX3 2.5-8X36. It is just about perfect for the cartridge and young eyes.

My daughter has a Leupold VX2 3x9x40 on her Mod 7 .260 and shoots it very well. Her longest shot on a deer thus far was 225yds and she had no problem putting it in the kill zone at that distance. Its a great combination for her young 14yr old eyes :).

DrMike":xgmud5zy said:
I topped my grandson's .260 with a VX3 2.5-8X36. It is just about perfect for the cartridge and young eyes.

This

I just put the 2.5-8 VxIII on a 25 WSSM. Excellent little scope. Really can’t say enough good things about it

i gots a bunch of 2.5-8 and 3.5-10 Leupolds and they are the BEST :grin: all round scopes going ! JMHO :wink: RJ

For a .260 to be used inside 200 yards, I would think that a Leupold VXR 3-9x40 would be ideal for that rifle. My son's 6.5x55 has a 3-9x40 Conquest on it.

Oldtrader3":jkkgtpyq said:
For a .260 to be used inside 200 yards, I would think that a Leupold VXR 3-9x40 would be ideal for that rifle. My son's 6.5x55 has a 3-9x40 Conquest on it.

Those VXR's make great scopes for alot of rifles. I like the one I own, I would take another without much hesitation.

for a good all around scope I think the 3-9x40 Zeiss conquest scopes are hard to beat . they seem to be a good scope for the money .I think I was paying $399 , and was happy with the quality at that price . euro optic has them now , new in the box for $329 . at this price I don't see how you could beat them . I think I'm going to buy another one at this price for a spare .

http://www.eurooptic.com/zeiss-conquest ... 09920.aspx

jimbires":1rba24h8 said:
for a good all around scope I think the 3-9x40 Zeiss conquest scopes are hard to beat . they seem to be a good scope for the money .I think I was paying $399 , and was happy with the quality at that price . euro optic has them now , new in the box for $329 . at this price I don't see how you could beat them . I think I'm going to buy another one at this price for a spare .

http://www.eurooptic.com/zeiss-conquest ... 09920.aspx

That would be a great buy and a wise choice on your part. Spare scopes are always handy to have around.

I just purchased a VX-3 2.5-8X36mm from a Doctor in northern BC :mrgreen:. I am not sure if it is going on my 270win or on the 270WSM :). Very clear scope I am a true Leuy fan :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

I own a couple of Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x36's and also put them on my wife's 7mm-08 and 250 Savage. Great scope, and keeps the rifle package slim and trim!
Have to say most of my rifles are wearing VX-3 3.5-10x40's, or the older Vari-X III version. No complaints with these scopes at all.
Although I put a Swarovski Z-3 4-12x50 on my 260 Rem in a Sako 85 Varmint Laminated Stainless model, but intend to shoot Silhouette with it some day. (or at least try!!! LOL)

+1 on Vortex Diamondback.(I have 3 of em :grin: )
Good glass for the money. Great warranty. Nice people to talk with also.

Back