Ordered Another Tikka!

I've only owned (had made up) one 416 Taylor back in the day...it was one loud ( more loud than kicking) but still a little (20" barrel) kicking devil ( even with a brake!) in the light rifle I had it in. Can't imagine a tikka in one, ha.
I suspect there would be need for a real recoil lug incorporated into the conversion as well as a heavier stock. Should be about 9# all in to be tolerable. At least for me. Haha.

I'm a huge Tikka fan. Saying that it wins a beauty contest kind of cracks me up though, and I agree 100% - Savages are well, savage looking. It's the barrel nut. But a Tikka isn't what I'd call "pretty." I guess when there's only 2 contestants one of them has to win!

Well you know Bob...some of those "plain girls" at the HS dances could really "cut a rug", ha! I "can almost bet" the Tikka will shoot, and still have better "looks" than a Savage, ha.
I picked it up today, took it over to my smiths. He put a lighter trigger spring in and had an Air Soft Recoil pad so had him put it on too! Triiger pull ended up at 1.25#, suhweet!

Well you know Bob...some of those "plain girls" at the HS dances could really "cut a rug", ha! I "can almost bet" the Tikka will shoot, and still have better "looks" than a Savage, ha.
I picked it up today, took it over to my smiths. He put a lighter trigger spring in and had an Air Soft Recoil pad so had him put it on too! Triiger pull ended up at 1.25#, suhweet!
I had in my mind the blued/black stock entry level model when I spoke. I have one of those, and it is probably my most accurate rifle to be honest. The new roughtecs and veil models are very nice looking too. But who cares they all shoot! I'm in the market for another tikka now.

I was "astonished" at (a) how simple it was to change the trigger spring and (b) what a marked difference it made in pull weight! The Tikka trigger is a work of art to me!

Back