Pet Loads for 6mm Remington

I was wonderingif the Lee Powder Dippers were a good investment?
Anyone have any experience with them?

Way too many powders out there with different shapes densities etc and new ones getting introduced all the time. You really can not go by volume. Get yourself a good scale and save your money.

Thanks for the advice Fotis.
Saving up right now for a good analog scale.
I think the dippers are supposed to be used in conjunction with a good scale.
I don'thave a powder measure, yet. And was wondering if they would be a good base line to get the ball rolling, so to speak.

An update on the powder dippers.....

They give you a sliding graph with different makes of powders and the different weights of each dipper in that specific powder.
That's good for start loads, and can be used in conjunction with a trickler along witha powder scale. So you can get up to max loads easily.

Had the dippers when I was handloading in the 1970's & early 1980's. They were okay but are a poor substitute for an actual powder measure.

Wait until you can actually weigh the charges... You'll be better off.

Guy

Also a 55gr Nosler Ballistic tip will get you about 4,000fps with some Hodgdon VARGET.

And that is an outstanding varmint bullet!

Varget or H380 will get you up around 4,000 fps, depending on the barrel.

As I recall, and it's been a while, I think we were seeing about 3750-3800 fps with the 55's from our 6mm Rem with a 22" barrel. Great rockchuck busting ammo!

Guy

Guy, there isn't anything more I like to do than bust some rockchucks!
I have a 22" barrel on my 760, and it is a 1 in 9 right hand twist.
I will have to take a look at Varget and H380, they sound like they work very well in a 6mm Remington!

Back