Poor Accubond performance

We cut the meat up tonight and did find the shoulder blade was broken. We did not find any evidence that the bullet penetrated beyond the blade though. I will still use the AccuBond as they shoot great and have always performed very well for me in the past. I think a lot of things went wrong with that shot, in the end the bullet to the base of the skull did the trick.

Interesting stuff isn't it? Ya never quite know what's going to happen once the trigger is pulled. Normally it's all in our favor... Normally!

Congrats on the elk. Wish I had some in my freezer!

Regards, Guy

Sounds like a bit of a strange one but good that the animal was recovered. I have noticed that the 35 and 375 cal Accubonds are built really tough and are my favorites in those calibers. My one odd AccuBond experience was in 2007 with the 180 gr in a 30-06 at 2750 fps on a deer shot broadside, the exit wound was around 5-6" across (the young doe still ran around 50 yards even with such a frightful wound). A few weeks earlier I shot a mountain goat with the exact same load and it performed flawlessly with a normal sized exit wound so found the experience on the deer odd.

1109141207_zps3385f299.jpg

I went searching for the bullet that put the cow down. It entered the back of the neck, devastated the vertebrae, broke the jaw bone, nocked out some teeth and exited through the mouth. This is impressive to say the least, I only found one small piece of jacket in this mess. Conference restored.

Back