Range day

shoots_5

Handloader
May 15, 2009
Got out today with a good friend to verify a load for my AR15 and then verify some drop data.

Load for my AR is R-P brass, cci 400 primers, 22.9gr AR-COMP and the 73gr eld-m. Velocity avg on the chronograph was 2701fps, ES 14, SD 6, and printed about a half inch group. I'm pretty happy with that for now! The long range portion of the range was unavailable but we went out and shot steel out to 400 yards and it performed well there too. The wind was pretty erratic and this little rifle will teach me a thing or two about accurate wind calls vs the larger cartridges I typically shoot at distance.

My friend has been working with a 30-06 and is shooting the 190 ABLR out of it at about 2650fps. Below are two videos I took of him shooting a rock at 667 yards with that. First video we just missed the wind call and second is a good correction.

All in all a very enjoyable range day!

https://youtu.be/lMy7DyqPW2g

https://youtu.be/GiRnchy96ek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stimulating video. He does have his load and rifle dialed in. That should put a smackdown on about anything he will hunt this year.

Thanks for sharing the video's with us. A thought I had, as I do when I see any rock shooting video is, how big is the rock? I have seen lots of videos with people shooting at rocks, but there is no perspective of the size. They could be the size of a lunchbox or a gunsafe. This one looks to be fairly square but the actual size is hard to determine. Again thanks for sharing.

Elkman":157jvca6 said:
Thanks for sharing the video's with us. A thought I had, as I do when I see any rock shooting video is, how big is the rock? I have seen lots of videos with people shooting at rocks, but there is no perspective of the size. They could be the size of a lunchbox or a gunsafe. This one looks to be fairly square but the actual size is hard to determine. Again thanks for sharing.

I would estimate it at about a foot wide or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back