Other pics of spent case

Attachments

• IMG_20150722_160157.jpg
    IMG_20150722_160157.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,569
  • IMG_20150722_160243.jpg
    IMG_20150722_160243.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,569
Are the chambers notorious for getting dirty?
I'mbrushing mine out, and will ccontinueto do so until I feel better about not seeing aanything in it.

I'd be interested to hear the results once the chamber is clean. I believe semi autos and pumps do not have the camming power of a bolt and therefore need to be kept pretty clean. I've heard of other semi autos and pumps experiencing this problem and a good chamber cleaning usually corrects the problem.

Ok, thanks Diver!
I cleaned the chamber, and I cleaned the bore, they both look really good now.
So I am going to see if that did the job.
Hopefully so.
Will let you know!

Thanks Deerslayer. It's a dream to carry and fits like a fine shotgun.
Ceramics is desert sage. And the lop was made at 12.5" for that coat you need in Minnesota deer season.

Deer slayer

The decelerator pad is mainly to get rid of the cheap plastic but plate that came on my 7600. The recoil of the medium velocity whelen dose not bother me like the 7mm & 300 mags do. That slow delivery of recoil works for me, but a deceleratory would slow that down even more. A trigger up grade sounds pretty nice too, thou mine is not real an issue.

A 225gr PT at 2600fps would be nice and I have 200 of the Sierra 225gr GK too.

tjen
I agree the plastic butt plates are ugly, and can break, or chip very easy.
The decelerator pads do add a touch of class to them.
You know.......I once had a Interarms Mk X in .375 H&H Mag, and it never slapped me like my Ruger M77 in .300 Win. Mag did! It pushed me more than rabbit punched me like the 300!

I sent my trigger assembly to Bill Springfield in CO for a tune up. He said he can get it down to 3.5-4 pounds and remove a lot of the travel. I hope to have it back in a few weeks. I will let you know how it turns out when I get it back.

After being shipped on the 13th, my trigger arrived back home on the 17th from Bill Springfield. It has way less travel and is a lot lighter. I hope to shoot it in the next few days. I will post results then. For $49 I a happy with the results.

I was just thinking about asking what you had decided to do. I've had my own smith smooth up a couple triggers on a couple 7400s ( well, one was a Model Four, fancy shmancy ha it was pretty!) I bet you end up liking it. Funny how I've hunted with pump shotguns forever and yet, can't stand the forearm movement in a pump rifle! I guess I'm just weird! Good luck to you.

Back