Sig scope and rangefinder with BDX question?

Oct 1, 2016
Does this work very good? I'm behind times. I just seen it this pass weekend. I was wondering about it. And if it would work on a muzzle loader? I was looking at the Sig Sierra 3.5x10x44mm. And the KIL02800 model . I need a new rangefinder anyway.

I looked this up to be sure it's what I thought it was , and found it on sale , link below .

I have no experience with these . I'm not sure if these , and the Burris eliminator , would be legal in PA . PA has a law about using electronic devises . with this scope bluetoothing to the rangefinder and the scope using this info to illuminate the corrected aim point , I'd say makes it illegal . I recommend you check your state laws before purchase .

I have seen this system but have never used it. Having said that, it would depend on what you are shooting and what distances you want to shoot.
Just some food for thought...
Most game is shot within 300 yards. Most of the common hunting cartridges in the 270-30-06 class zeroed at 200 yds will print 1.5" high at 100 yds and 8" low at 300 yds. And if you have a standard duplex reticle, you can use the fine/ heavy junction of the reticle for 300 yards. Depending on the power of the scope, you will hit within 1-2" which is still minute of whitetail.

A good range finder is a good tool to have. As for optics, get the best glass that fits your budget. The true test of optics is very low light. That's when better grades of glass and anti reflective coatings prevail.

JD338

Back