Slams

All the big game in Saskatchewan? That would be whitetail and porcupine, wouldn't it, Dan? :mrgreen:

The NA slam is a dream but will never happen. I have created a few slams of my own here in WI. A single season slam of an antlered deer, tom turkey and a bear. I have done that one twice. I'm currently working on a gauge slam for turkey 12/16/20/28/410 all in Remington 870s. (I know I'm missing 10ga but there is no 870 10ga that I know of). I have killed with my 12 and 20. This spring I hope to add 16 and .410. My ultimate goal is to shoot 5 birds in one spring with all 5 gauges.

I also have a furbearer slam. I have caught/shot all of the WI furbearers as of last winter. I just need the wolf to reopen and draw the tag (fingers crossed)

Lastly, I made up a weapons slam for deer (bucks). Rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader, compound, recurve, longbow and crossbow. I have rifle, compound and recurve done so far and haven't tried very hard with my longbow and muzzleloader as of yet. The crossbow can wait until I'm older.

Again, I made these up because I know I can't travel to hunt other animals and these are in my back yard.
Trying different weapons adds to the fun of the hunt for me.

My only SLAM was in taking 5 turkeys in 5 years from 5 different areas of the farm.

Although one did weigh 25.5# and had a 15" beard, LOL!

Back