Taurus Polymer

moreloader

Beginner
Dec 20, 2005
I just wanted to check the opinions on this board as so far I have found this to be the most sensible group of gun enthusiasts going.

I have found that taurus's new polymer pistols are absolutely amazing regardless of the negative internet postings. I first purchased a pt-745 after several first hand accounts to the performance of the 2nd generation millenium pros. This is the single stack compact 45 that is smaller in all directions than the Kahr except for a few thousands in the grip. The gun is extremely easy to conceal for a 45 and performance is great. not a single ftf or misfeed. The DAO takes some getting used to if you are not a revolver shooter but I love it. the only problem I have had was breaking a sight screw. My own fault(forgot to heat it up). Called taurus, they offered to ship it over, I offered to do the work myself and they said that they would ship me the screw that day. That is service.

Next on the list was the full size PT 24/7 Pro. This was the new model with the dovetail Heine sights and the SA/DA trigger setup patened by taurus with real restrike cabability. I got the gun and immeadiately tried to make it do what the internet gripings were. I crammed the mags full all 12 rounds in each and shot the gun at 25 yards. It shoots much better than I do. Instinctive pointing was great at 10 yards and that is despite this being my first hangun with straight 8 sights. 158 rounds in less than 1 hour and the gun performed flawlessly. I believe a lot of the complaints are exactly what taurus calls them (operator error) although people actually have the gall to complain about a company's service when they will ship it back on their dime regardless of who's fault it is.

Great guns. I intend on buying more when the money is there. By the way the prices at local gun shops.

Taxes included

Pt-745 $375

Pt-24/7 Pro $405

They are bargains and worth double already.

Feel free to respond but please don't use the I heard line.

Back