Tires

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
Well guys I am going to be getting a little refund cheque from income tax 8) & I was wondering if anyone of you have the lowdown on Cooper SST Max tires?
I have done a little research and I have narrowed down to them or stay with my Deulers :).
So any information would be very helpful..
Thanking you all in advance.

Blessings,
Dan

DAn,

What are you going to be putting them on?
I bought new tires for my GMC 2500HD last fall and went with Michelin LTX285-75R16's.
That was a quick grand!

JD338

Sorry guys, I have a 2008 Gmc Sierra that I bought new. It is a 1500 4x4 I do not like all the frills so it has a good stereo to listen too a variety of CM music. My 4X4 is manual & I have air other than that it is basic :grin:. It has just over 80,000kms & the duelers I put on it have just over 70,000kms on them so they are due.

Blessings,
Dan

Back in 1972, I was sixteen, and had borrowed my Dad's rig for some deer hunting up above Prineville, Oregon. Typically for a couple of kids I was driving where I shouldn't and ruined one of dads brand new tires. Got into the Les Schwab store and found out running a t-post through the side wall was not covered under warranty. Old Les Schwab him self was there and came out to see the bucks we had in the back. Had us tell him the whole story. Then he said I'll make you a deal, you promise to buy your next set of tires from me, I'll replace that tire so you're dad doesn't kick your butt. Done. Every tire and wheel for the last 42 years has come from Schawbs.
Never had any complaints with the tires, and except for the 69 mach 1, always ran aggressive mud and snow patterns. Every tire lasted longer than advertised. Customer service is still pretty Damn good.

Tires are so much better than they used to be, when I started driving, especially on logging roads, flats were routine. Can't remember the last one, but the guys and now gals at Schawbs fixed it for free.

Yes, here in the Pacific Northwest, Les Schwab does some real fine service. They patched a flat for me, while I was on a road trip, not even running their tires... For free.

I scratched my head a bit, pointing out that I didn't live near their store, and that these were the factory Goodyears, not Les Schwab tires. The store manager smiled and said "You'll buy your next tires at a Les Schwab in your hometown now." He was right... Great tires, great service, and not necessarily the best price in town, but they get my business.

FWIW, Guy

And if there was a Les Schwab here in northern BC, I would be tempted to buy from them.

Well, sask, I have had three sets of Cooper SST's. On three different vehicles. RAM 2500 diesel, RAM 1500, and a F150. All were 4x4, and got used as such getting into and out of snow, mud, ice, and that ever present shale on the back country mountain roads here in Wash. state. The worst mileage I ever got was on the 3/4 ton, only 53K, the other two went over 60K. They wear like iron and never let me down. Would I buy them again, damn right. Can't go wrong!

Thanks TRIC. I can get them for about 40.00 per tire cheaper than the deulers. I believe that I am going to make the change.

Blessings,
Dan

I think you will like the Cooper SST's, I currently have a set on my 08 chevy 2500 have 3 winters and 1 summer on them, look good through middle of this summer, keep them rotated and they will serve you nicely

Thanks tim629 tax refund should be here within the next week :) so I should have them shortly :wink:!
Thanks everyone for the feed back.

Blessings,
Dan

Back