Try to sell me on the M48...

I'm getting a little anxious to shoot the new rifle...lol...

Got the brass and bullets today...Now all I need are reloading dies...and the rifle, lol.

Gonna get Redding dies soon...

The brass...

Compared to 270 Win....

Congrats on your new rifle ridgerunner. This N48 Patriot in 7mm08 has my attention as well. I wondering what is the OAL/mag box constraints for this particular rifle? Those targets posted earlier got my attention too....are these things really that accurate consistently?

Ridgerunner665":2o24me7v said:
It is done...well....started anyway.

I bet you are running around like a kid in a candy store. I have not checked on an update on my build, but I am thinking they will show up about the same time. I need to order some 280AI brass and dies for it, maybe some bullets, and the list goes on. Oh I don't have a scope for it either! :mrgreen: :oops:

I've got brass (1 box), 140 AB's (1 box to use for initial break in), 160 AB's (5 boxes), and powder (4 lbs. of MRP)...

Made a phone call to Redding the other day to make sure I got the right dies...they gave me the part numbers for the dies I need, but I haven't ordered them yet...was about to, when I saw the post about the 160 AB's being available...figured I better get those while I could, lol.

I still owe $2,820 on the rifle...trying to balance this out, getting components while saving up the money to pay for the rifle...

Its looking like I may have to skip archery season, work has been a little slow...not sure I can afford to take the time off work, lol...that 10 days is unpaid vacation....if so, thats OK, thats they way it is when a blue collar guy decides he wants a $5,000 hunting rifle...I'm happy with the decison and very much looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Jgraider":c53yzmxa said:
Congrats on your new rifle ridgerunner. This N48 Patriot in 7mm08 has my attention as well. I wondering what is the OAL/mag box constraints for this particular rifle? Those targets posted earlier got my attention too....are these things really that accurate consistently?

On my 280AI...Shawn told me vial email that the mag box was 3.425"...not sure if thats the mag box length, or the length of rounds that will feed through it...but thats the measurement he gave me.

I have no idea what the measurement would be for a short action like the 7-08...

Email Shawn and ask him....

Ridgerunner665":3lioa6qh said:
Jgraider":3lioa6qh said:

On my 280AI...Shawn told me vial email that the mag box was 3.425"...not sure if thats the mag box length, or the length of rounds that will feed through it...but thats the measurement he gave me.

I have no idea what the measurement would be for a short action like the 7-08...

Email Shawn and ask him....

3.425" is the mag-box length, so your cartridge OAL will need to be less than that. The short-action mag-box length is 2.875". Hope that clears up the confusion! :grin:

SF

Yep...I think I'm gonna have to cut my archery season in half...I don't regret it though, just one of those things...and a few other things that popped up unexpectedly...one of these days I'll learn to better anticipate those, lol.

I have the money to finish paying for the rifle...but I gotta build up enough to get me through the winter too....and I can do that easily enough....the sad part is, I can't do it sitting in a tree stand.

The things we'll do for fine firearms...

I'm a little late to the party but let me extend a Hardy congratulations to you Ridgerunner.
I'm interested in how she shoots. Please do keep us informed.

Thank You Vince!

I gotta say something...I married well...VERY well!

I say that for a lot of reasons, but the one that is relevant here is as follows...

When my other rifle got wrecked (the M70) she knew and understood how out of balance that put me without me even having to say anything, she also knew that I'd be getting another rifle to replace it one way or another...I've not had to explain, or even ask, for this Nosler rifle...I told her about the Nosler rifles and she simply said "if thats what you want, get it"...she didn't even ask what it cost...until just the other day, lol.

When I answered her, she was a little surprised...she asked what made it so special that it cost so much (not upset, just curious)...I went on to explain about hand lapped match grade barrels, CeraKote, fully adjustable triggers, high quality stocks, blueprinted actions, etc...and the people who bring all those parts together (the Nosler folks, as opposed to full on factory production)...being married to me for as long as she has, she's learned a great deal about firearms over the years...enough that she understood all this.

She did have questions about the stock on the Nosler...she was comparing it to the McMillan on my model 70...she did this because I explained to her that the Nosler stock was a large part of the cost of my new rifle...

After I was done explaining everything to the best of my knowledge...she said..."sounds like a rifle built to last".

I love that woman!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like your one lucky feller. If I were to show a gal my "parts" closet I'd probably be kicked straight out. Another few builds and I will be done. Extra stocks barrels rings and bases cheapy take off scopes. All kinds of goodies!! Or is it junk?

Ordered my dies just now...Redding Competition seater (Redding #: 55428), and full length sizer (Redding #: 91428)

Thats everything...ready to rock and roll when the rifle arrives!

RR65,

Your lady is a keeper. You owe her big time. Congratulations on the rifle and on the lady that makes it work.

Yup, she's a truly awesome lady! Can't wait till that rifle shows up. Thinking you won't wanna hunt with much else!

Looks like I'll have the M48 paid for next Thursday...glad thats done!

No word yet on when it will be finished though....doesn't matter, I'm still in no hurry...looks like I'm only going to be able to take one week off to hunt in November anyway, will probably have another week around Christmas too...getting that paid for took a little longer than I anticipated, lol...but I got 'r' done.

Now I'm just paitently waiting on a phone call...

I'll make up for the lost time hunting next year...may even take all 4 weeks at once.

HOGWILD338-378":2k4cpad9 said:
So how does the new riflle shoot ! You did get it already RITE!
Nope...not yet....word is it might be done around the last week of November or the first week of December.

Yeah...I'm weak, lol...I emailed and asked.

This rifle was about the same price as yours and took 2 months longer than I expected and boy I had some anxious moments but Weatherby did not let me down as it shot an average 3068 fps with the 3 shot grouping measuring 0.23 at 200 yds! :mrgreen: they had to fix cerakoting issue and some had to be redone! But it was well worth the wait just as yours will be! :grin:

Gotta respect anything that is in honor of Chris Kyle...didn't know Weatherby had offered a rifle with his name on it.

Only offered for about 24 hours? Limited Edition 1-26 mine is #14 of #26 and first couple rifles were given to Taya Kyle and her son! 1 was raffled at Weatherby Foundation Banquet for 9K to Marty Daniels of Daniels Defence! Chris was soon to be a Team Weatherby Pro but his passing messed all that up! Weatherby donated a group of the cash raised and given to the Kyle Family as I was told how it was done but they got a group of the cash! Chris also had a Weatherby TRR RC that went for around 17K that he ordered that I think was also given to the Family! Why they showed this 1 of 26 rifles in the 2014 Catalog kinda messed with people that did not get in on the buy but it is what it is!

This is the only name on the rifle it's a copy of some ink Chris had on his arm?

Back