Whoo Whoo finally found a powder!

nosler06

Handloader
Nov 13, 2012

Well as most of you have seen my powder struggles over the last 2 years with my .308 BLR, and I believe that chapter has ended. I was put onto trying IMR8208XBR powder, and to my surprise the old BLR seems to really like it. I am shooting 165gr NP's with 41.8grs of IMR8208XBR powder and 2.760"OAL. This target was the last 6 shot grouping at 100yds. The 2 shots to the lower right were a couple of leftover Varget loads I was getting rid of. Now the thing is to find the time to take it into the field for a field test. Happy and safe shooting everyone.

I do believe that load will work! :grin: I'll be looking forward to a good report of the BLR.

That looks pretty good, IMR 8208 is an impressive powder for sure. With those 165 gr Partitions you are good to go for anything from small deer all the way to moose. Hope to see some field reports soon :)

Thanks guys. It sure has been a long and very educational experience. I am hoping to get out before Whitetail season ends here at least once more. Yes, Osprey78 we will get to the range again soon before there is 3-4 feet of snow so I can show you how to shoot. Lol.

What is your velocity?

That does shoot well.

My Savage 99E has been a bit less than cooperative with finding loads that will shoot as well. But when you find one that does, it shoots real good.

nosler06":3fui8guh said:
Thanks guys. It sure has been a long and very educational experience. I am hoping to get out before Whitetail season ends here at least once more. Yes, Osprey78 we will get to the range again soon before there is 3-4 feet of snow so I can show you how to shoot. Lol.

bah! just bring a shovel and dig the trench last last year!

filmjunkie4ever":15sqz5bt said:
What is your velocity?

That does shoot well.

My Savage 99E has been a bit less than cooperative with finding loads that will shoot as well. But when you find one that does, it shoots real good.

I sure wish that I knew what the velocity is for this load. That is one piece of equipment that I have not been able to add to my cuboard of goodies. I will be checking is as soon as I am able to.

Osprey78":2zmvkzr5 said:
nosler06":2zmvkzr5 said:

bah! just bring a shovel and dig the trench last last year!

I'm thinking we need snowshoes, snowmobile or snow blower to get to the targets this year. Lol

Hey that is so cool. Ahuge avatar. Well I guess I have better fix that on the desktop rather than doing it on the iPad. It does look good though.

nosler06":t28tmypa said:
Hey that is so cool. Ahuge avatar. Well I guess I have better fix that on the desktop rather than doing it on the iPad. It does look good though.

(y)

Back