Wild hog loin

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
Today’s dinner is slow roasted loin from the wild sow Nathan shot with a mushroom Au Jus. Southern green beans simmered with a smoked ham hock in broth, new red potatoes tossed in olive oil, garlic, dried onion, fennel, rosemary, thyme, and a hint of cayenne and air fried. And a wedge of buttered cornbread and sweet tea.

Attachments

• IMG_0751.jpeg
    IMG_0751.jpeg
    648.4 KB · Views: 16
Today’s dinner is slow roasted loin from the wild sow Nathan shot with a mushroom Au Jus. Southern green beans simmered with a smoked ham hock in broth, new red potatoes tossed in olive oil, garlic, dried onion, fennel, rosemary, thyme, and a hint of cayenne and air fried. And a wedge of buttered cornbread and sweet tea.
That must be great! :)

Guy

Man! That looks larapin.

The first "large" crutter my son shot with a rifle was a wild boar that weighed 125lbs. There was much skepticism in the family about eating a boar. I took the back strap and coated them liberally with Tony's and then wrapped them in bacon and smoked 'em. They were amazed.

Last edited:
Man! That looks larapin.

The first "large" crutter my son shot with a rifle was a wild boar that weighed 125lbs. There was much skepticism in the family about eating a boar. I took the back strap and coated them liberally with Tony's and then wrapped them in bacon and smoked 'em. They were amazed.
Usually the straps are all we take from them. Sometimes I'll use the hams for breakfast sausage if there's enough meat on them.

Back