Lee Reloading Dies

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Thinking about having a Lee Collet resizing Die set made for the 35 Whelen.
Does any one use the Lee collet sizing die and what do you think of them?

I do like the neck collet dies . the collet die only sizes the neck . I use them with a redding body die to bump the shoulder back .

FOTIS":22lwse0m said:
iF THEY MAKE IT i USE IT!

What he said.

I too use a body die and the Lee collet die when I can. They seem to make ammo with better concentricity than using a Redding bushing die, and you don't have to worry about turning the necks.

You will have to disassemble it and buff/polish the insides when you get it, but then it's good to go.

G'Day Fella's,

Truck Driver, I load bucket fulls of .223 and .308 ammo on a couple of progressive reloading presses.
The cases for these rifles have been fired in the same rifles, that they are being reloaded for!

I only use Lee Collet NECK sizing dies for reloading this ammo and there are a couple of good reasons for this.
1) You don't need to lubricate the cases prior to re-sizing them and because of this, you don't need to wipe the lube off after wards!
2) Because you don't have any case lube on the cases, you don't have any powder bridging problems, in the cases on these progressive presses. So these reloads are exceedingly consistent and accurate!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

Back