260 gr .375 Accubonds

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Late last summer I found a load w/H4350 that pushed the 260 gr AccuBond at 2650 fps with terrific accuracy from my .375 H&H Ruger Number One. Didn't have very many of the bullets, and couldn't get more in time for hunting season. As a result I didn't get to hunt with that bullet.

I'd asked a local gunshop if they could get some for me, and pretty well forgot about them. Wandered in the other day, and there they were, waiting just for me! :grin:

Now that I've loaded about a zillion itty-bitty .204 Rugers for varmint hunting, it's going to be a pleasure to load up some of these big fat 260 gr bullets for this fall! I'll be sighting them in at 200 yards, and the first hunt will be for black bear in September.

Okay, the .375 is way overkill for black bear, but... I really like the rifle and just might end up carrying it for mule deer and elk as well... We'll see! Dang I'm glad to have my paws on these bullets!

Photo from my bullet testing last summer:
IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

I didn't know I'd get so danged happy about just getting some bullets!

Regards, Guy

Guy, looks good to me. Still have not had the time to play with mine yet, but will do so soon.
Russ

Guy,

Glad you found some bullets. That 260 gr AB should work really well on a black bear and punch a nice hole through him from any angle.

JD338

Guy,

That 260 grain AB will work on anything you'll ever hunt here in North America. It should be a real thumper for you in that H & H.

With about a little maore that 3 weeks from Idaho's spring black bear season, I've been trying to decide which rifle to take. I'm leaning toward my 375RUM using the 260AB (about 3000 fps) since I haven't taken a big game animal with it yet. Yeah, it's probably way to much for black bear, but I don't care, there's no such thing as overkill.

The 260gr AB has a great BC along with the 300gr AB.

Since I don't hunt many big bears I use the 260 gr AB in my 375 Ruger Alaskan.......with Reloader 15...........

yes it sure does print good on paper

Back