A New Revolver Cartridge

TScottW99

Handloader
Sep 14, 2007
Just saw this on another board and thought I would share with ya'll...

November 9, 2007 – Federal Premium® has partnered with Ruger® to introduce a new personal defense revolver cartridge designed to deliver 357 Magnum ballistics out of a 32-caliber diameter platform—and with 20-percent less recoil. The 327 Federal Magnum is designed for use in lightweight, small frame revolvers like the proven Ruger SP101 platform. The gun and ammunition will be available on shelf by January 2008.

http://www.federalcartridge.com/defa...nd=5&year=2007

Might not be a bad little wheel gun. I like the looks of the Gold dot load...

The ammunition will be available in three loads:
• PD327HS1 H: Federal Premium 85-gr Hydra-Shok™ JHP
(1330 fps muzzle velocity in 3-1/16” barrel)
• AE327: American Eagle® 100-gr SP
(1400 fps muzzle velocity in 3-1/16” barrel)
• 23914 : Speer 115-gr Gold Dot® HP
(1300 fps muzzle velocity in 3-1/16” barrel)

I was thinking about this after posting it last night. IF S&W would make a light weight J-Frame for this new cartridge I would buy one. I think alot of people would. Espceially if Smith could make it a six shot J-frame.

Better ballitics then the .38spc, actually the Gold Dot load is right with the 9mm 115 +P+ load.

If no one but Ruger makes a gun for this it might die a very fast death, IMO. Really hope S&W jumps on this.

The little S&W J-frame makes a great belly gun/backup gun... This would be another nice cartridge choice for it. Wonder if they could make it a six shooter?

I don't know Guy, seems like they could. The 9mm J-Frame was a six shot if I recall correctly. I think I would still get it if it was a five shot.

I carry a S&W 642 J-frame 90% of the time off duty anymore. So easy to carry and shoots very well with practice.

TScottW99":d3s79bc5 said:
I was thinking about this after posting it last night. IF S&W would make a light weight J-Frame for this new cartridge I would buy one. I think alot of people would. Espceially if Smith could make it a six shot J-frame.

Better ballitics then the .38spc, actually the Gold Dot load is right with the 9mm 115 +P+ load.

If no one but Ruger makes a gun for this it might die a very fast death, IMO. Really hope S&W jumps on this.

You got something there. It should compete nicely with the 32 H&R Mag.

No guys, not another little snubbie! How 'bout a dandy Single-six with a 5.5" barrel?!!! If that came out, I think I would have to get one.

Jim

Just when I was thinking that semi autos were all the rage...

Looks interesting.

JD338

Back