Contender 7-30 waters with new furniture.

I've seen his work on other sites, outstanding. You got great looking toy dude. I've been debating between him and Boyds gunstocks for one of my rigs.

James does do immaculate work and has a 100% warrantee on his work. If for any reason you dont like it or anything else, he will fix it or give you your money back. I had a problem with my Contender screw lug hole not being centered. It was way off, and I did not realize it never having taken the original grip off of the frame (a Thompson screwup). Of course the screw channel on James grip was perfectly centered so the screw could not start in the lug threads. James offered to let me operate on the grip and if it broke or I messed it up he would give me my money back. Or I could just send the grip or both pieces back and he would give me my money back.

Now none of this was his fault at all, yet he offed that kind of unlimited committment to his customer. If I get any more Thompson pistols they will be wearing James furniture.

Long

Long,

Nicely done my friend!
You have yourself the ultimate swamp buck buster. 8)

The 120 gr BT's should get the job done.

Now you got me thinking........

JD338

This is with the 'Jim grip" and the target forend. He offers several options for both pieces. But I went with the target forend because I will always be shooting it off of a rest of some type. Plus even though the 7-30 does not have much recoil, the hvy forend will help keep the muzzle jump down.

JD, you know a little thinking can really get a guy in trouble :)

Long

Long,

Its too late, already thinking......

I sent you a PM.

JD338

Long what a beautiful Handgun (and grip and forend). Makes me wonder what you are gonna use out in the woods now. That is way to pretty to hunt with. I'd be afraid I'd ding it up.

I have never had any of Georgia Jim's products but hear nothing but praise for them. Some of the photos I have seen of his work on other sites is nothing short of spectacular.

JD if you think to hard it is bound to cost you $$$. Well at least that's what happens when I start thinking hard about guns (specifically about T/C's).

Larry

Larry in SD":wig1ckt6 said:
JD if you think to hard it is bound to cost you $$$. Well at least that's what happens when I start thinking hard about guns (specifically about T/C's).

Larry

Larry,

I hear ya. Just to share my thoughts with you and Longwinters,
I am thinking of getting the Georgia Jim Target forend andRegular Jim grip and a 375JDJ barrel.

JD338

That might set you back a few. Although the GJ wood is very reasonable. James is talking about getting some red/black, yellow/black and other color lams in. I was thinkin a 218 Bee with the yellow/black (an idea of some of the boys over at SP). Or maybe the 22 Hornet with orange/black.

Do I order the wood 1st and get the barrel to match or vice-versa? :roll: Now I'm thinking again.

Long

Long,

I ordered a G2R forend and Grip from James at Ole Georgia Jim. :lol:

I'll post some pics when I get them.

JD338

JD,

Sounds good to me. Now for the wait . . . :( But hopefully he will have warmer weather than when I ordered mine and you will get it faster. Did you go with the Black/Gray lam?

Long

Long,

Yes, Grey/Black laminate. Should look good with the SS receiver and barrels. If I were to go with the blued 375 JDJ barrel, should look decent as well. James said approx 6 weeks, be here befoe you know it.
The attached link shows the forend and grip I ordered. Its the second one down.
http://www.olegeorgiajim.com/BEE%20DEAL.htm

JD338

Well, here it is.
Ole Georgia Jim with the Jim Grip and G2R Forend in Black/Gray Laminate. 5 coats of Formby's Tung Oil High Gloss looks pretty good.
The barrel is a SSK 6.5 JDJ with a Burris 2-7x. Shooting 120 gr BT's at 2400 fps.
JD6-2.jpg

JD338

Very nice JD.

Isnt that grip great! Fits just right. And the looks of nicely done wood adds much.

And that 6.5 cal is really supposed to be a great one to hunt with. You will have to give it a go this fall. I am thinking if I draw for black bear my 7x30 might be the tool with 150's.

Long

Larry,

The grip is very comfortable to shoot.
I shot a 3 shot group this morning that measured .379" c to c. :grin:

Hope you pull a bear tag. A 140 gr AB from your 7x30 Waters should do the trick on a black bear!

JD338

Back