Approaching 70...

Damn... you guys are old! 😂
I agree!

I have been around here since Guy I believe. Mike as well, along with JD and Fotis and a few others around that time. Man, it is neat to look back at the old posts. I say it quite alot, but man, the stuff I have learned from you all has been mountainous.

Well said Guy and I always think I got where you liked your old stuff but could understand the new stuff as well.

Hate to admit it, but the balistics on a 22-Creedmore (Couldnt they name it somthing else so I dont have to cave in to the "Creed"???) might be worth hanging around to shoot. Ron Spomer has been a long time fan of the 22-250 and the Ackley, and he had good things to say about it. Trouble is a new rifle is now a $1100 dollar deal. Maybe not..... not in my life time. CL

I step on the 60 year line soon. Very fortunate that I'm healthy ... just broken. Going on my 3rd back surgery this spring. I'll be back up and running in no time again.
Seems like just the other day I was walking in the Northern Minnesota woods chasing snowshoe hares and grouse at 10 years old.
What happened? .... I blink and got "old".

Hate to admit it, but the balistics on a 22-Creedmore (Couldnt they name it somthing else so I dont have to cave in to the "Creed"???) might be worth hanging around to shoot. Ron Spomer has been a long time fan of the 22-250 and the Ackley, and he had good things to say about it. Trouble is a new rifle is now a $1100 dollar deal. Maybe not..... not in my life time. CL
OOPS- think i posted this on the wrong thread... sorry. CL

OOPS- think i posted this on the wrong thread... sorry. CL
Well, I rather like the 6.5 and the 6 Creedmoor - maybe because my beard has gone completely gray?

It was a fine comment, though it did have me puzzled. I think here, where folks are pretty easy going, we all just roll with it. This is a fine group of hunters & shooters who enjoy talking about our interests. Sometimes we may misplace a comment or state something poorly. Who cares? We're all just here to share information & experiences. It's a good place to cuss & discuss most anything firearms & ammo related.

Guy

Well, I rather like the 6.5 and the 6 Creedmoor - maybe because my beard has gone completely gray?

It was a fine comment, though it did have me puzzled. I think here, where folks are pretty easy going, we all just roll with it. This is a fine group of hunters & shooters who enjoy talking about our interests. Sometimes we may misplace a comment or state something poorly. Who cares? We're all just here to share information & experiences. It's a good place to cuss & discuss most anything firearms & ammo related.

Guy
Yeah

This is by FAR the most calm forum.

And that includes some European as well.

Seems the mods do a terrific job here.

70 is almost 2 decades away, but I know what you are talking about with the gray beard.

Back