Getting There!!!!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Got the dies from WBY today. Scope check, bases rings check all I need is the rifle (any day now) and the brass.

y3ipaCKl.jpg

Nice! That will make for a flat shooting Antelope round!
What bullet are you going to run?

JD338

What is the twist in your Barrel Fotis??? What a bolt of lightning that must be, OMG.

Fotis, Chris over on WBY got tired of waiting and bought one off GB. Since this was a WBY Nation asked for caliber years ago and if I had ordered one when they told me it was coming and they were taking orders I would have been quite upset to see it being sold on GB before a WBY Nation member could get one. :evil: I might have even with drew my order. :twisted:

I had mine built by the custom shop. I know the WBY people for years now so.......Anyway got it totally decked out with signature from ED special load that works well, Sub moa and tons of stuff. Nothing like it out there. So I will wait a few days.

skidmark":vpdu16bv said:
Wonder how long that throat will last ?
Yeoww....

You ever shoot out a barrel? I know a couple of guys here who have back, in the 1990's when prairie dogs were aplenty.

I know no one who has done this for a big game rifle.

My take on it.

about 50 rounds to find a load (more like half).

10 rounds for sight in and verifications every year and what??? 3-5 rounds to kill a deer or antelope?

OK so in my estimation lets say 70 rounds a year....... times 10 years is 700 rounds. Take care of her she will last longer.

You want to shoot more? OK the barrel will last 5 years...... I can live with that!

Fotis, I am looking forward to seeing this new Lady you are having built (y).
I can't wait for the range report she should be something real special.

Blessings,
Dan

I think everyone in North America will know when he's doing his first load testing!

I'll be watching the Western horizon for muzzle flash and a dust sig.

LMAO! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Fotis,
I have fired my 25/06 over 300 rounds since December............................ lol
However that is the most I have ever fired a centerfire in my life!
E

I can see that Earl. Most of us simply do not shoot that much to render a barrel burned out. And If I ever did shoot that much it would be a 223 a 222 a 22-250 or my 220 Swift at prairie dogs. Maybe my 6.5 Creed at steel..

I'd say hunting grade accuracy will last longer than 700.... Likely at least 1500 rounds.

All you really need is MOA or so.

Back