Growing storm in B.C. Residents vs guides

That list of outfitters that basically bought off the gov in BC is sickening.
It used to be about the hunt , the way of life , the love of nature. Now it's all about greed and money!!! Not sure how you guys can fight this but you'll need a lot of voices to be heard. I would go after each mla in every riding saying how many hunters and conversatoinist, and heck even fishermen in each riding . Tell them you will go above and beyond to make sure they never get re- elected . All they no is to save there own butt and that's really all you can use against them .

A bit of an update. There is a meeting tomorrow evening here which should be interesting.

Someone in the GOABC didn't like what was happening on the HuntingBC website so threatened legal action against the owner of HBC. That website has been very useful in uniting the resident hunters of B.C. and they know it.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthrea ... atory-post

As far as I know no one has followed through with legal action but it sure angered many people and the collective resolve of the resident hunters of B.C. was definitely strengthened. Not the reaction they were expecting.

The government of B.C. has said they will change the policy but no one actually trusts them and have not let up on the pressure against them. I have never seen any issue unite so many resident hunters in B.C. like this one has. Many of us are calling or drastic changes in how the guides operate which should be for the better.

How do your respective states handle non resident hunters and what and how much they are allowed to take? It looks like most states and provinces allow 5-10% for non residents not like the 25-40% offered here.

Gerry,

Here in Arizona only 10%of tags are allocated to Non-Resident hunters and species like Big Horn Sheep even have units that are Resident Only.

With that said I generally enter hunts with Non-Residents unless I want to hunt alone. Most of my friends live in other localities.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Gerry,

While I had the flu, there was a large meeting with our MLA and others representing the government. It was standing room only. I was able to remain for only a short while, but there was no question that the proposals have stirred considerable and intense opposition. Consequently, proposed changes to the hunting regs include closure of the August moose season here in the Peace and extending shooting restrictions around all roads.

Is the potential August moose closure going to happen this year? What was the rationale behind this and the road closures? If they would catch the guys poaching at night that would be far more helpful than restricting the good hunters.

I'll be watching for changes in the reg. Since it was proposed, I'm guessing it will be 2016. Nevertheless, I'll be watching for changes in the regulations, usually posted on the MOE website in June.

Well if the changes come in 2016 this maybe my last opportunity to get into a hunt with both Mike and Gerhard. I sure hope that some common sense is used by the government. But as we know from past regulations governments and common sense don't normally go together :evil:.

Blessings,
Dan

Doc, this isn't related to the subject matter but wondering what the outcome was with the people that had to leave their houses from the floods and Law enforcement subsequently came in, broke into their houses and removed all their firearms. We're the firearms ever given back? I believe the incident occurred 2-3 years ago.

big rifle man":34gmzstb said:
Doc, this isn't related to the subject matter but wondering what the outcome was with the people that had to leave their houses from the floods and Law enforcement subsequently came in, broke into their houses and removed all their firearms. We're the firearms ever given back? I believe the incident occurred 2-3 years ago.

That was in Alberta. There was quite an outcry against those who perpetuated that mess. To my knowledge all the firearms have been returned, though the damage done to homes by the break-ins has not been resolved yet. The break-ins caused more damage than the floods in many instances.

sask boy":34gmzstb said:
Well if the changes come in 2016 this maybe my last opportunity to get into a hunt with both Mike and Gerhard. I sure hope that some common sense is used by the government. But as we know from past regulations governments and common sense don't normally go together .

Dan, I will keep an eye on this situation. We should know what is going on by late spring.

Back