Loaner Rifle?

That will happen unfortunately. But at least you know it's in good hands.

I agree they are a tool but it's nice to treat them properly so they last.

Once I have "loaned" a gun to a family member, I just give it to them. This saves strive, conflict and having them think I am a cheap SOB.

I have a couple of marlins that I purchased specifically for loaners. I threw a Nikon prostaff on each one of them and don't care how many scratches they receive. The smiles on the faces of the borrowers is priceless.

I have cut the number of rifles that own to (6), of those, all of them are custom or (semi) and have upgraded stocks and are not suitable for loaning any more!

I did that once. I loaned my 300 WBY MK V synthetic to a very good friend. This thing was like new just range fired never taken to the field. Came back looking like it was dragged behind him like a relentless dog! Literally broke my heart. Traded it of the next day after hunting ended.

Maybe one or two people I might lend one to now....and that would be my 30-06 Marlin XL-7.....maybe

Being a lefty not many people have asked to borrow a rifle from me. My Son used my 35 Whelen for his Moose hunt 2 years ago and I was with him :wink:. My nephew is a lefty and he has used my 280AI but he is like a son, he just brought it back this past weekend and it still looks like it did when I had it made.
Only a select few I would let use my rifles (y)!!
PS. DrMike I would let you use any of my rifles because I know in your heart you are a true lefty :lol:!

sask boy":aldnpu2y said:
Being a lefty not many people have asked to borrow a rifle from me. My Son used my 35 Whelen for his Moose hunt 2 years ago and I was with him :wink:. My nephew is a lefty and he has used my 280AI but he is like a son, he just brought it back this past weekend and it still looks like it did when I had it made.
Only a select few I would let use my rifles (y)!!
PS. DrMike I would let you use any of my rifles because I know in your heart you are a true lefty :lol:!

No Dan No!!! If Mike was in his "right" mind we would all be bored as he would only have 1 rifle. How boring would that be?

Mike how's that 8X68S coming along?

We finally have a new donor action (Winchester, SC production). Hopefully, it will be ready by fall. I'd like to drop game with it this fall. Don't have time to talk to the boys in the back right at the moment, however.

DrMike":1u1hcl53 said:
We finally have a new donor action (Winchester, SC production). Hopefully, it will be ready by fall. I'd like to drop game with it this fall. Don't have time to talk to the boys in the back right at the moment, however.

Awesome. Good to hear.

Back