New Nightforce... WTH????

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
OK so I mounted my NIB NF 2.5x10x40mm Compact on my 378 Bee. A couple of shots later I get this.

What do you figure happen. Every shot they would jump around! Very disappointed.... :(

CbCA1eh.jpg

uiC4uFp.jpg

Whoa! That's disappointing. I'm sure you've already address all the obvious issues (rings tight, mounts tight, proper size rings, etc.). That moves into the realm of serious disappointment.

Looks like some trash in there...the scope may not be broke, then again it may be...that is a 378 after all.

It'd likely jar some of my stuffing loose too, lol.

I bet it's some debris in there. I bet they make it right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every scope made will have some with a few issues. Looks like some debris like was said already, I bet they take care of it quickly for you.

indeed very disappointing.
I hope NF CS can turn it around quickly.

JD338

This is the first time I have heard of problems with a NF. My God son had a NF on his 338 Laupa and he swears by them. He stated best working scope he has ever used.
I am sure that NF will look after any problem promptly.
Sorry to see that the Bee has made another one bite the dust :(!

Blessings,
Dan

It did not seem to affect the workings of the scope. This is what I got from another forum

Happens to all scopes, though that's the first I've seen a NF have it. There is grease inside to catch it. Smack it with a book and knock them loose.

Called NF and emailed them picture. They confirmed it is loose debris.. They will have UPS pick it up and airmail it back to me ASAP. Nice!

FOTIS":2ud5mzm0 said:
It did not seem to affect the workings of the scope. This is what I got from another forum

Happens to all scopes, though that's the first I've seen a NF have it. There is grease inside to catch it. Smack it with a book and knock them loose.

That was going to be my question for you. I guess it doesn't matter now though!

And happy belated birthday!

I had an older NF NXS that had a black fleck inside on one of the lens like that. The inside is coated flat black that seems to scrap off during assembly and somehow ends up where it doesn't belong..... on the lens in full view.

Fast turn around time, lets hope the Big Wby. doesn't jar something else loose?

FOTIS I didn't know we missed a birthday for you...... Happy Belated B-Day!

Back