Recipe request

TRIC

Beginner
Dec 14, 2005
Super Bowl Sunday, planning on doing a deep fried turkey. Any good recipes to make it better than just "plain" deep fried?

Thanks.

Yup. But was looking for some personal favorites from the more veteran deep fryers here. I have been deep frying turkeys for over 10 years, never did one other that "plain".

Those fried turkeys sure taste great. Nice and juicy. I have a simple Brinkman briquette smoker and I have done a mess of turkeys on it using applewood for smoke and OH MY do they taste great. I think you should invest in one and try a "smoked turkey" for the game. I guarantee you will love it as will your guests!! The basic Brinkman smoker does not cost an arm and a leg either.

David

I have always used the standard marinades and they have turned out great.
3 minutes per pound is the rule but it seems I have to cook and additional 10 minutes or so.

JD338

Wish I had one to share with you but since the NFL turned down MagPuls request for a Paid advertising spot I won't be watching the anti gun NFL Stouper Bowl.

What you need.

Medium Sauce Pan
1/2-3/4 Beer(I prefer an amber ale, but have used "light" beer)
1 Stick butter
2 TBS Cajun Seasoning
1 TSP Worcestershire
1 TSP Hot Sauce
1/2 TSP Soy Sauce

Heat over medium heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Make sure and let cool before injection
Inject all over bird
Fry
Eat
Beer
Relax

truck driver":sx6s5hdw said:
Wish I had one to share with you but since the NFL turned down MagPuls request for a Paid advertising spot I won't be watching the anti gun NFL Stouper Bowl.

I'm doing an Anti-Stupid Bowl Party.

John Wayne on the telly and maybe some chili or BBQ lamb chops, scallops, and shrimp. I promise I'll take the bacon wrap off the scallops this time given my recent medical situation. :grin:

Her cranberry recipe is really good as well ! She has 2 of them and they are both great and I am not a cranberry fan !! Never brined a Turkey but sounds great to me as frying without doing something would seem to me to dry out a Turkey rather fast?
I think I will try elk nachos for game day :mrgreen:

HOGWILD338-378":227jfvhn said:
Her cranberry recipe is really good as well ! She has 2 of them and they are both great and I am not a cranberry fan !! Never brined a Turkey but sounds great to me as frying without doing something would seem to me to dry out a Turkey rather fast?
I think I will try elk nachos for game day :mrgreen:

If you ever smoke a bird, brining is a MUST!

Back