Swarovski for Christmas !!

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
I've been struggling with what scope to put on the Sako 85 Finnlight - 243Win I just bought.
I have a new in box VX3 4.5x14x40 CDS at 13.5 oz. I just can't use scopes anymore with out the ability to focus. Either the reticle is in focus and everything out past 150yds is not or vice versa. This is my last scope with out the ability to focus that I own.
I wanted it to stay light wt. With my older eyes I needed/wanted side focus. Lots of options but the side focus typically is in a 30mm tube and with this brings a little wt. Somewhere around 20 oz is what I was finding. Swaravski offered the Z5 Sheep Hunter - 1" tube. A 3x18x44 w/Ballistic Turret at 15.9 oz.
I was going back and forth between the VX6 3x18 w/illum BC and this Z5. More $, less $ VX6 was 20.7 oz compared to 15.9 ......
I ran to the local Sporting store and looked thru a Z5 and it was as what I've always seen in Swarovski's. So on our way back home, my wife said Merry Christmas - just get the one you want.
I ordered the Z5 with free a Ballistic Turret to match a load. This will be the most $ I've spent on glass. I'm still a little dizzy over it. It will ship on thursday with the turret following in a week or so.

It didn't take long for the scope conversation to turn into a bathroom remodel discussion. Yep there is nothing free in life. :grin:

You won't regret the Swarovski. Congratulations on a fine scope, and a fine lady who obviously loves you. After you use the scope, you will owe her big time. :grin:

Swarovski makes fine glass. I have a Z3 now that is about 10 years old and am seriously considering buying a Z5. Good luck with yours, I think that you will like it!

What can you say but you ordered the best :wink:
We will expect a full report on that fine piece of glass.

Blessings,
Dan

I have Swarovski green trim around the wall paper in my bedroom. It reminds me of shooting.

Teknys,

I own the same rifle and scope combo in 300wsm. Sako and Swarovski is a perfect match in my book.
29 minutes after sundown I will carry not carry anything less. I am interested in the custom turret you ordered. I want to know more on subject later. Good luck with your bathroom remodel too! Brian

Hegland":1baw7d8q said:
What a Christmas!

May I suggest Swarovski green with oak trim for the bathroom? :)

Nice!
Congratulations on the Swaro.

JD338

Teknys":3nf5y4jv said:
It didn't take long for the scope conversation to turn into a bathroom remodel discussion. Yep there is nothing free in life. :grin:

I still chuckle when I remember that my first rifle here in Canada cost me over $10,000. Carpeting for the upper floors of our house really boosted the cost of that rifle. The next rifle was pretty pricey as well, what with buying a new dining room suite for she who must be obeyed. After that, I began to use another method of securing firearms.

Outstanding !
A quality rifle deserves a quality optic.
The only downside is that once you use highend glass you are no longer satisfied with anything less.

ccoker":29r3m719 said:
Outstanding !
A quality rifle deserves a quality optic.
The only downside is that once you use highend glass you are no longer satisfied with anything less.

Yea.... That's human nature. The bar always is getting higher. My other scopes are Vortex Viper / PST and a couple of VX3. For what I'm using the Vortex (3) for, they are safe for now. :)
Oh - forgot about that VX2 on a Savage 99..... maybe I'll give that VX3 2.5x8x36 a home!! I'ts kinda hard to bust off that scope since it's sighted in and shoots so well right now.

I'll admit that my other Sako in a 75 Finnlight-270WSM, I've already thought that maybe someday I'll put a Swarovski on it too. Thoughts are that these two Sakos are my "hunting" rifles and will get used in the field about 90% of the time. Help me here!!! I'm trying to justify. Ha ha

Man you scored as I like mine a butt load and it is a tack driver I mounted it on my 270 Wby Mark V Lazermark, you also scored with a Lady that makes her man happy for sure!! Z5's rock as I have 2 of them and I wished I had a dozen :lol:

I ordered a Z6 2.5-15x44 BT / 4W today to test and review. It might not make it back.

Oh yeah
I love Swaro glass
Had a few
I really want to compare this Z6 against a few others including my brother's z3

I opted for that model as over 12x the Z6 has HD glass.

I plan to compare against the Leica 312x50 before I send it back and my Kahles K312 and my SB

If I fall in love with it I will buy it.

Back