Wow he have a classy forum guys!

Yep. It's a shame Boxer/Big Stick is so caustic in his delivery. He does have lots of good info to share, but his approach is so offensive, most people duck and run and don't participate. Lot's of potentially informative threads have been derailed/ruined on the Campfire.

In addition, his never ending rants about "boolits matter more than head stamps" gets old. Fact is, 95% of hunters shoot animals at 300 yards or less, where BC's don't mean chit. Construction imo, matters more than BC at avg hunting ranges. Sure, the long range guy's may require a super slick bullet while hunting open plains, but for the avg hunter/campfire member, BC's are fairly irrelevant.

Nice to know we have a civil group of folks here who can disagree, yet keep it respectable.

Fotis and JD,
This is the best Forum far as I'm concerned. I feel we all can express ourselves in a civil way and it doesn't get out of hand. Thanks to all who have policed our Forum to keep it clean.

The wealth of knowledge here simply amazes me and everyone is more than willing to share to help out when needed. 8)

Don

I agree with everything said here. I've only been here a short time, but I haven't seen any of the crap that's spewed at the Campfire, including a few other forums. Everyone here has been 1st class.

I've been registered with the Campfire for a few years and there's a lot of good info over there, but I don't participate much because of guys like Big Stick. I'm sure he's a wealth of knowledge but it looks like he's lacking some social skills.

wbyfan1":2blyhnch said:
Yep. It's a shame Boxer/Big Stick is so caustic in his delivery. He does have lots of good info to share, but his approach is so offensive, most people duck and run and don't participate. Lot's of potentially informative threads have been derailed/ruined on the Campfire.

In addition, his never ending rants about "boolits matter more than head stamps" gets old. Fact is, 95% of hunters shoot animals at 300 yards or less, where BC's don't mean chit. Construction imo, matters more than BC at avg hunting ranges. Sure, the long range guy's may require a super slick bullet while hunting open plains, but for the avg hunter/campfire member, BC's are fairly irrelevant.

Nice to know we have a respectable group of folks here who can disagree, yet keep it respectable.

I absolutely concur. We try to give as much freedom as possible to include discussions that do not have anything to do with Nosler products but there are certain lines that can not be crossed.

wbyfan1":27wtyp5y said:

Nice to know we have a civil group of folks here who can disagree, yet keep it respectable.

I belong to 3 other forums and lucked into this one. Here is where I feel most comfortable and have made quite a few friends I hope. I like to kid around and hope I haven't offended anyone.
There are a lot of things I don't know and like to read all the post and post every now and then to learn more. Most here have forgot more than I'll learn about reloading and wonder how I struggled threw all these years. I also think of everyone here as family and treat them as such.

Thanks for letting be a member of the Best Forum on the Internet.

Rodger the lefty jokes hurt deep :roll: NOT!! :mrgreen: As I have said many times people here are just plain ordinary good folks. The knowledge on this forum is the best and I consider all of you friends.
Thanks for accepting a lefty Canuck from Saskatchewan!!

Blessings,
Dan

I blocked Boxer/Big Stick after his contentious and very negative exchange with me regarding his "Godlike" 6.5mm or whatever that he shoots, killing coyotes at 1400 yards in Western Washington (LOL). He is one of the most rude and overbearing people that I have ever had the misfortune to communicate with. I almost confused him with Michael Bloomberg!

IMHO,
I feel that we are no longer human when we cease to be civil and exercise some humanity. The behavior of some individuals is also why a few industry experts have left other boards and no longer participate in any dialogue, frankly, I don't blame them.
I also feel its very unfortunate due to a fear that someone will take umbrage or be less than civil, that someone feels it necessary to heavily "couch", nuance, or otherwise not contribute well reasoned and insightful commentary into some of these dialogues to avoid any unwarranted retribution, a loss suffered by all.

Something I have noticed about forums having been a mod on a few, and watched them grow.....provided they are well managed they are awesome at between 5,000 and 10,000 members...after that things often go downhill, it becomes all about the advertising, difficult to find enough good mods to keep it running smooth, etc...in the end, the once good knowledge base usually gets drowned out by all the nonsense that comes from hype, fads, outright BS that gets perpetuated enough times that it becomes accepted as fact, and so on...

There are exceptions to the norm...and I really hope this place is one of them...being Nosler owned, I assume they're not all that worried about selling ad space...thats one good thing.

I've been a mod a long time on other forums...the job just wore me down as the ownership changed, membership changed, everything changed...speaking mostly of Marlin Owners Forum, I really put a lot into that place...I used to really like it there, but after Dave and Larry sold it to the new owners it just isn't the same...I'm technically still a mod there, even after asking them more than once to remove my mod status...I rarely go there any more....I'm still friends with Dave and Larry though (on Facebook, lol)...Dave took me hog hunting a couple years ago.

I've made some really good lasting friendships from forums...Jerry (Longtooth), Dave (VTDW), Larry (Gunjunkie), David (Diawi) and a few others...I've met Jerry (Texas), Dave (Oklahoma), and Rowdy (Idaho)

Sometimes I think maybe some folks don't know how to take me on forums...I've been told I come across as a smart @$$ a lot...it may be true, but I don't mean to.

I try to help when I can, where I can...and am glad to receive help too.

This is the only forum I still visit regularly (a few times a day)....and its true, its the members that make a forum what it is...much more so than the mods...it takes both for sure, but without good members, good mods and admins won't make for much of a forum.

My husband only allows me to post on two forums ( Nosler being one of them ) and after what happened on the Cabela's forum he will not allow me to post pictures on either forum. I am also restricted by the fact that I am almost always on a company computer when I have time and an internet connection.

Disagreements on the Cabela's forum let to the unhappy member's calling the company where other members worked with the intent of getting them into trouble. They called a man's wife with the intent to create problems,. They called fish and game and told them that certain people where hunting illegally and with out proper permits, which was not true, which fish and game found out when they checked their records. Aleena's daughter's were once threatened and she still get's her fair share of rude and condescending remark;s and pm,s.

But fortunately for all of us Jim and Fotis do an excellent job of showing people to the door, when they can not or do not, want to play nice here at Nosler, as does Tom at LEL

The Cabela's forum got really ugly for awhile. When I left that forum, I cancelled my credit card with them and have bought little from them since. The new management at Cabela's took $250,000,000 out of Working Capital (stock, inventory) and put it into creating new credit card holders, thereby destroying catalog and store sales for two years. I could never buy anything, during that period without going on long backorder. Now I guess that they are mainly a bank with the Cabela's brothers gone or dead.

Boxer. That guy seems to worship at the alter of ballistic coefficient. And like all zealots, however well intended, intelligent or experienced, he has become tunnel visioned.

I actually suspect if anyone bumped into him he'd be a pretty decent person. Clearly he must be because if he spoke to people the way he writes on the internet, he would be long dead. He's what we call around here a sh!t-stirrer.

This is a great forum. If any of you guys gets into my neck of the woods, you're welcome to pull up a chair at my hearth and share a yarn and a bevvy!

yukon huntress":1tfcyyx8 said:
My husband only allows me to post on two forums ( Nosler being one of them ) and after what happened on the Cabela's forum he will not allow me to post pictures on either forum. I am also restricted by the fact that I am almost always on a company computer when I have time and an internet connection.

Disagreements on the Cabela's forum let to the unhappy member's calling the company where other members worked with the intent of getting them into trouble. They called a man's wife with the intent to create problems,. They called fish and game and told them that certain people where hunting illegally and with out proper permits, which was not true, which fish and game found out when they checked their records. Aleena's daughter's were once threatened and she still get's her fair share of rude and condescending remark;s and pm,s.

But fortunately for all of us Jim and Fotis do an excellent job of showing people to the door, when they can not or do not, want to play nice here at Nosler, as does Tom at LEL

What I can not understand is the misogyny of some posters on these forums. Most of the posters on this and most forums are married? Do they treat their wives with the lack of respect that these men show here occasionally and on other forums, much more frequently?

My wife is the light of my life and I do not know what I would do without her? Surely, we have misunderstandings and arguments occasionally but they are never serious and neither of us holds a grudge because we make up immediately to assure no long lasting hurt feelings.

I enjoy reading about the outdoor adventures of the few lady posters that we have here. Plus, our lady residents here have much to add to the wisdom of this board and have many experiences that I will never have because of illness and age. This board would be much less of a place if all the ladies here were run off by a few rude and immature men.

I reckon the bad behavior stems from some men being being both morally and emotionally immature...and the anonymity of the internet gives them a place where they can let it out without anybody really knowing who they are and the consequences that come with that.

Some people are who they say they are...and some aren't...over time, its easy to tell which is which.

Being in this truck pretty much all the time...forums are about my only pasttime, lol...and I never get tired of hunting/firearms discussion.

I'm just a peckerwood that lives up in the hills with too many guns...there's no halo over my head, I was a rough one in my younger days and have the scars to prove it....but I've NEVER, in my 41 years, disrespected a lady...never wanted to be that guy, don't see why anyone would....

I wasn't raised that way...my wife is my everything....thank the Lord for women who enjoy a challenge! She saved me in every way...

I agree with you all. Great forum and great people.

I visit 24HCF, there are some great folks there as well, but when threads turn into a name calling contest, I can't or don't see the point. No real learning is occurring.

Agreed, this is the best forum on the internet...It is nothing but class, i am proud to be a part of it.I have found nothing but help, from everyone here over the years.Lee

You're all correct - this is a great forum. When I read posts like his on 24HC I wonder why the mods over there let him continue on like that. The majority of forums I visit won't tolerate that, and I don't stick around those that do.

This forum has classy people who are always willing to lend a hand. My thanks to all the other members here for keeping it that way!

Back