Shotgun Advice

Well, I am pretty sure I have sorta tuned it down to the SX3. Probably going to get the full camo gun, just for weather resistance, along with a 3.5" chamber. The price is very reasonable as well, comparing other semi auto shotguns.

Still trying to sort out if I want another 26" or maybe a 28" tube on the gun, but honestly, I think either will work fine.

The Browning Maxus is a nice gun as well.

salmonchaser":d7q7w0d0 said:
Winchester, go figure. I'm sure you'll be well served.

Yeah, I have a hard time diverting too far.. :lol:

375hh1973":3vsy3v37 said:
I am biased towards the Beretta line of semi autos. They are gas operated guns. Supposedly you are supposed to keep them clean but well... I have a 390 synthetic with a 30" barrel. I use it for everything. Ducks, geese, bunnies, sporting clays, skeet, and crows. I throw a saddle mount with a 4x turkey scope on it every spring and kill gobblers. I honestly cleaned it last when GWB was president and I kind of made a pact with myself that I will clean it again when BHO is out of office. I currently have about 3000 rounds through it with out a proper cleaning. The thing runs. Period. I know its only a 3" but I have heard great things about Beretta's 3.5" offerings as well. My buddy in NDakota bought one and kills geese with 3.5" shells then goes to the skeet field and breaks birds with target loads.

I've kinda been out of the loop, but what are the current models, the A400?

I fired.an A400 last weekend. Very light recoil handled trap loads and heavy sixes with ease. Pointed well, good balance etc. I'm sold on them at this point.

Yeah, I think I missed the boat on a new 390/391. I messed around with a 391 Sporter model at Sportsman's Warehouse that fit me really well, but Beretta's website is horrible. I just want a 3" chambered 30" barreled wood stocked (Xtrawood is fine) 12 and/or 20 guage with a satin or polished blue finish. Last time I checked the site it looked like the Sporter had a garish blue anodizing on the action.

I do kinda want an Extrema, though...

Back