First 4 shots with new Tikka T3 .308 win

snoodcrusher

Beginner
May 8, 2015
deaa0e634e8a5fa6f74899a1d18196f4.jpg

I shot my Tikka T3 SS/camo fluted barrel in .308 win today. The range at my house is 150 yds. I bore sighted the rifle and the first round hit left of the bullseye. I made scope adjustments and fired a 3 shot group. One ragged hole! Shooting Winchester 150 gr factory loads. 0.39" at 150 yds.
I'm happy and done for a while. Still working up hand loads for my other new Tikkas in .243 and 7mm-08. The are shooting sub MOA but not as good as the 308. I love these rifles. Light, quality made, accurate, and have great triggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did something very similar with my Browning X-Bolt last year. It's just nice when things work like you want them too...

I'd lay in a supply of that load and call it good- nothing wrong with that at all.

That's pretty darn sweet! I can see the grin on your face from here! It might be there for a while. Those Tikka's do shoot.

The .243 shoots 0.74" groups. I'm still working on hand loads for it. I really like all three rifles.

hodgeman":tfqiub0s said:
I did something very similar with my Browning X-Bolt last year. It's just nice when things work like you want them too...

I'd lay in a supply of that load and call it good- nothing wrong with that at all.
I love the x bolts too. Came very close to getting one in .308. Flipped a coin and got another Tikka. LOL !

You are done, for sure. Congratulations on a fine rifle and on performing some fine riflery.

Do not mess with it, touch it or modify it in any way. You are done!!!!!! Great shooting. "remember if it ain't broke, don't touch it".. (y)

In the words of the immoral KC and the Sunshine band

That's the way
aha aha
I like it.....

Back