Recent content by 8mm Enthusiast

  1. 8mm Enthusiast

    2026 Hunting Season

    Excellent bleeding will produce some great fresh meat. Congratulations, great looking kill.
  2. 8mm Enthusiast

    Public Land Fall Longbeard/Tom Hunting Tips & Advice

    I have some excellent grassy patches to work with right now, so that's why I'm sticking to this general area I've scouted before moving on. It's a season of change, like you said, with animal behavior and more people out. In the coming weeks, everything will change dramatically as far as access...
  3. 8mm Enthusiast

    Public Land Fall Longbeard/Tom Hunting Tips & Advice

    I've been out and about looking for spots recently. With the recent cold snaps, the vegetation is changing color nicely. Finding sign is proving to be very difficult, much more so than in the spring. There are bugs and nuts on the ground everywhere. With food this plentiful, I doubt any flocks...
  4. 8mm Enthusiast

    Ticks

    Ahhhhh. That's why they're so bad in WARM not HOT woods.
  5. 8mm Enthusiast

    Ticks

    It's scary and terrible and unfortunately unavoidable. I am using picaridin now, lightly in the winter, but a good amount in warm weather of course. Still searching for a natural and effective tick repellant. Nootkatone seems really promising but it appears that big chem is purposefully killing...
  6. 8mm Enthusiast

    Daughters antelope

    Looks like a fun day indeed. A beautiful animal harvested. Congratulations to you all.
Back
Top