140 gr. in 270

I have tried many load combinations of both bullets. I have found the A.B. to be more accurate in my rifle. Most of my "big game" hunting is for white tailed deer, so a Partition is not really needed. Prior to the release of the 140 gr A.B.,however, I used the 150 gr Partition almost exclusively in my 270. Try i few loads of both, though. You never know how your gun will like them. The Partition might turn out to be a "tack driver" !!

Blaine

I get sub- moa with the 150 Partition with both h-4831 and rl-22 and also the 150 speer hot cor. I just like to experiment and thought I might try some 140's. I'll probably end up trying both, the Partition and AccuBond. The AccuBond 140 is the most accurate bullet to date in my 7mm saum.

I also tried H-4831 and H-4831sc and had better preformance with th H-4831sc in .270s.

Try them both and let your gun decide which one it likes best. Both are top of the line bullets.

My 700 CDL appears to like both the Partition and the AccuBond in the 140 grain weights. I have not taken any game with the 140 in the 270, but have with the 140AB in 280 Rem. Worked well. Anything that shoots into ½" is good in my books, particularly in a stock rifle!! Regards, Eagleye.

Eagleye, that's a pretty impressive group. Can't argue with results like that.

Try both the AB and the PT and pick the one that shoots the best.

JD338

I agree let your rifle choose which one to use. My 270 likes 130 gr PTs and BT's so depending on what it maybe used for I feed it accordingly. Seeing it has become a backup I have just stuck with 130PT's and then if called upon I am covered for larger than deer game.

I am getting ready to load the 140 grain AccuBond in my .270 Winchester for my nephew to shoot at cow elk with. Having done the research on this and many other forums, I believe it is more than adequate. Ideal? No, but adequate. I am going to start with IMR 4831 and see where it gets me.

Back